Any apple-shaped before/afters?

Options
mimiteh35
mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
I ask if there are any pics of apple-shaped before and what you look like now... I ask because even though when I was thinner I actually had a waist that was noticable compared to my hips and shoulders, now that I'm overweight all my weight is in my belly with a hanging over lower belly and big boobs, so wondering if I could truly look good again?? ugh, I know it seems shallow, but I lost some weight, wearing a size smaller than I was, but I CANT SEE IT, all I see is my huge belly still. I know its minimal weight loss so far, but I'm feeling the need for some motivation/inspiration that I can do this and it will be worth it not only with my health, but that I will look like a shape other than round again!

Replies

• kklou1985
    kklou1985 Posts: 9
    Options
    Bump
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<Before and during
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I don't have an 'after' yet, but here is a 50 pound loss progress.

Top weight -237
    1264b465-4cea-43ef-b8f0-db58ea53f475_zps33d8d183.jpg

Latest progress pic at 190. I am down to 185 now, but haven't taken a pic yet
    64c3f8ff-0f6d-4017-af3a-25007d07e02d_zpsea533f2f.jpg

The belly is really the last place I lose. I had to drop 25-30 pounds before I started seeing a real difference. It is frustrating, but hang in there and you will see it.

BTW I am 49 and 5'6"
  • Anne4632
    Anne4632 Posts: 1
    Options
    Excellent job Debbie, looking good! I too didn't start seeing much results til I hit the 20-25 mark. I feel the difference in my clothes and how I'm able to reach things better like tieing my shoes.
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the same concern. All in the middle these days. I,ll so happy when I have an after to post!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<Before and during

Ooooooh awesome! I just checked out your photos on your profile, did you do that all from heavy lifting? Girl you have some legs on you and awesome job, congrats, and thanks for the inspiration/motivation!!! :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    I have the same concern. All in the middle these days. I,ll so happy when I have an after to post!

Me too!!!! If I can keep my motivation going I will be able to post before/afters in my own topic, lol. I hope I can get there! Wait, wait wait, I WILL GET THERE, right? :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    I don't have an 'after' yet, but here is a 50 pound loss progress.

Top weight -237
    1264b465-4cea-43ef-b8f0-db58ea53f475_zps33d8d183.jpg

Latest progress pic at 190. I am down to 185 now, but haven't taken a pic yet
    64c3f8ff-0f6d-4017-af3a-25007d07e02d_zpsea533f2f.jpg

The belly is really the last place I lose. I had to drop 25-30 pounds before I started seeing a real difference. It is frustrating, but hang in there and you will see it.

BTW I am 49 and 5'6"

Congrats on your progress so far, and you are shaped like me for sure, except I have a big more boobage so I'm literally this circle with legs and long hair, lol. I feel like those "Little Miss" characters, if you know what those are lol.

You are looking fabulous! I'm only 5' 1.5" (yes 1/2 inch counts!!!) and I started at 226.4, and someone else mentioned that it took them about 30 lbs to physically see a diff in the belly area too, so since you are now the second person to state that, i'm going to just have to be PATIENT!!! My fiance and son both swear they can see a difference, but I just do not see it yet, but hopefuly another 10-15 lbs more and I will finally see a difference!

You are looking great and keep up the great work!! Thanks so much for posting! Motivation and teaching me I have to keep my patience and KEEP GOING!! If I give up now I will never see what I can be!
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Blessedby2boys
    Blessedby2boys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, dramatic difference! Way to go!
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My measurements made me a hour glass shape when I was skinny, when I gain weight, I gain like an apple. hoping to be an hourglass again someday! ;)
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    not a total success but a work in progress:

dg2x6b.jpg

2z407ma.jpg
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    not a total success but a work in progress:

dg2x6b.jpg

2z407ma.jpg

Big improvement in such a short time :) You're going to get there :smile:
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!