fussy eater

Options
any simple dinner recipes out there for me. Im a very fussy eater and I'm not fond of vegetables. please help

Replies

• danitajo511
    Options
    I thought I was the only one out there that does not do vegetables. Although I will admit to trying things now that I am on My Fitness Pal that I would not have touched in the past. Easy meal ideas: One that I have found very satisfying is muffin meatloaf. I was able to make a pan full along with meatballs that make good quick snacks, lunch etc.

MEATLOAF MUFFINS serves 10 or lots of mini meals frozen for later
    2 lb. ground turkey (I always mix my meats depending on what I have but usually turkey and pork).
    2 Tblsp. garlic powder
    3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
    2 tsp. salt free italian seasoning
    I hate tomatoes so I put in 1/2 can (7-1/2 oz) of Hunts seasoned tomato sauce for meatloaf saving the rest for cooking on top of meatloaves.
    1 oz pkg.of dry Lipton onion soup mix or 1/2 cup chopped onions if you can handle them
    2 egg whites

Preheat oven to 375.
    Mix all ingredients well in a bowl except for extra tomato sauce.
    Divide into 10 balls of mix and press into muffin pan.
    Top each muffin with 1 Tblsp. of sauce.
    Bake 25-30 min. until tops are brown and cooked thru.
    Allow extra muffins to cool and then freeze on cookie sheet. When frozen I put in a freezer bag andjust grab and go.

per serving 211 calories - 9 gms carbs - 11 gms fat - 19 gms protein - 1 gm fiber - 2 gms sugar
  • junebug1771
    Options
    I have the same problem here. I just don't like vegetables and it's hard to eat healthy without vegetables.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Try different vegetables and try preparing them different ways. A lot of times, people don't dislike all vegetables, they dislike a particular way of cooking them. For instance, I always hated mushrooms, but when I tried some fresh mushrooms sauteed in PAM that my girlfriend mad (just trying to be a good sport), I discovered that I in fact dislike canned mushroom. Fresh mushrooms are not oily and slimy. Same with spinach: canned is gross, but raw in place of spinach is a new favorite of mine. On the other hand, even "good" brussel sprouts are nasty, in my opinion, so everything is not for everyone. Experiment and see if you can find some you like.

As far as simple meals go, the Hungry Girl blog has a lot of good options, and a lot of them mimic fast food, but are significantly healthier.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Can you hide the veggies in foods, like they do for little kids?

Do you like salad stuff? Eat salads instead.