Fit Bit Flex or what?, what do you use?

Options
Who has a fit bit flex or fit bug or whatever they're called. After this weekend I'm thinking again about investing in one, what do you guys recommend and why?

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. I like the display better. I also didn't want something on my wrist. The One is small enough to clip onto my shirt or bra. I like that.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia fit is more accurate.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

But does it have a cool flower? :laugh:
  • jaz050465
    Options

But does it have a cool flower? :laugh:
    Aaaaahhh. Good point!!!
  • hikr00
    hikr00 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One for the same reasons as the other poster..it's small, clips right to my bra and I don't have to think about it. Also once you buy it there are no additional costs associated with it which is nice. Since I got mine several friends / family members have gotten them as well and we have a friendly competition to see who can get the most steps :)
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have FitBit one which I bought back in April. i find it's fairly useful for counting steps and calories but in essence it's just a glorified pedometer. That said I feel lost without it the only gripe I have is that it counts my train journey to work as steps taken which means I have to either subtract those 'steps' from my daily total or make them up which I generally try to do.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This is a good comparative review between a few different types of devices

http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/

and this is interesting if you want to compare the FB one with FB Flex - a comparative review of FB's own products..

http://gizmodo.com/fitbit-flex-review-peer-pressure-sucks-493248555

I have the one based on the two reviews and mighty happy with it... Cheers, :Donna

PS I also have a Polar F7 HRM to calculate exercise.
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just bought one off my friend, last Friday, who was buying the next one up. I love it!!! I'm a numbers' girl. I love the sleep tab. I was a bit taken when it increased my calories on MFP, but when I work out at the gym it REALLY increases my calories--and no, i don't eat them back. I think it's a great device and am very happy I have mine.
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had no idea! I will check that out. can you reset the steps? That is too bad
  • mdoyle28
    mdoyle28 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit One...honestly love it for same reasons already listed. I have found that I am far busier than I gave myself credit for (which was what prompted the investment, I wanted an accurate TDEE, now am leary of how high it is) on MFP and am struggling with deciding if I should eat back at least some of my exercise calories or just change my activity level to highly active. I have had it now for 3 weeks and it is pretty consistent day to day as well as I stay consistent with daily activities.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. I like the display better. I also didn't want something on my wrist. The One is small enough to clip onto my shirt or bra. I like that.

I have the One as well and love it. Have no complaints, not even minor ones.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    But with BodyMedia, do I need to pay a monthly fee or something?
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    I have the Flex, and I like it hehe.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    But with BodyMedia, do I need to pay a monthly fee or something?

Yes - but as so often in life, you get what you pay for. It's not that expensive.