Please Help Me Get Abs!

Options
sopha20
sopha20 Posts: 6 Member
Hey so im currently 170cm and about 56.5kg. I have lost about 10kgs in the past two months and want to know how far away i am from getting six pack abs. (i'm female). My waist is 64cm and my hips are 83cm, On an average day i'd eat under 600 calories, i eat pretty healthy, (I don't snack i eat 3 meals a day as i find this works best for keeping track of calories) and cardio 5 days a week and strength train 3. any help would be awesome, Thanks

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    in to see all the crazyness this thread starts
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options

^ this :drinker:
  • Cantzler
    Cantzler Posts: 1
    Options
    Eat more, 600 kcal is starvation - and do strength training 5 days instead and do cardio 3 days. You want abs, eat clean and six times a day a max of 1700 kcal and learn to love the weight training. The other way around is a clear way to ruin your body.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options

lol

under 600 calories a day sounds like a pretty good way to end up in a hospital to me. You won't get abs if you cant gain muscle because your body is deprived of basic needs.
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    With 600 cals I am afraid you must have lost some already existing muscles too.....please eat more....
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Eat more, 600 kcal is starvation - and do strength training 5 days instead and do cardio 3 days. You want abs, eat clean and six times a day a max of 1700 kcal and learn to love the weight training. The other way around is a clear way to ruin your body.

Totally agree with this.

You need to lower your bodyfat rather than your calorie intake.
    As described the best way to do this is small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism burning. What you are doing at the moment is very unhealthy and im surprised you are still functioning on that small an amount of calories.
    I have about 2000 calories a day and my body fat in 3 months has dropped from 18% to just under 11%.
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    I agree with the other threads....600 calories is not enough caloric intake for your activity. Eat the right kinds of foods....fruits, veggies....keep your diet clean...tons of water.....and you have the exercising already down pact...maybe add some more strength training...but abs will be there soon...if they are not flat already! Cheers!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Really hoping it is a troll!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    S1fSk.gif
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I will add: www.iifym.com --> info about how many calories and how much protein/carbs/fat you should be having.

Your body uses 1400calories a day just to keep you breathing, keep your heart pumping etc. Basically you are completely disrespecting it and making yourself sick by eating 600, then ONTOP OF THAT exercising. Please do some research and start eating more. Yes I am being blunt because it's serious and there's no need to be nice and fluffy for you.

You haven't lost all fat, you've lost a lot of muscle too. You know your heart is a muscle? Cool so you're damaging your heart.

Now instead of responding by defending your diet which so many people like to when under-eating on this site, please do some research with the links provided here and reassess things. If you have trouble with this, see your health professional and seek help from someone who can support you. No one wants to see you hurt, they want to see you happy and healthy and successful - 600cals will not give you that.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Iv been trying to figure out how to change my macros for forever! :)
  • sopha20
    Options
    thanks for the all the advice, i didn't realise i had gone so wrong.. In saying that, I am kinda worried if i start to eat more now i will just put on weight, any thoughts?
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    thats for the advice, but I'm worried if i start to eat more now i will just put on weight, any thoughts?

You probably will at first because your body will take time to adjust. However, if you increase your calorie intake by 100 until you are at a suitable amount, your body will find its way back to normality and you will continue to lose. :-)
  • sopha20
    Options
    hey thanks for your advice, i want to eat more purely because i dont want too lose more weight as i will begin to look to skinny, but im worried if i suddenly up the calories i will stack on the kgs, any thoughts?