ok Need help

Options
I know this is a topic that is seen on this message board all the time - but i do need advice.

I'm on 1,200 calories a day - and i work out pretty much daily. Should i eat all my calories back after i excersie because i havent recently - i've been back on the MFP for the last week or so and i've lost a pound - but i worry if i eat my calories back i'll gain the weight back.

I tend to burn 300 - 500 cals a day - exept for the weekend when i let myself get a bit of time to relax - but try and go for a casual walk or something.

I am 10st 6 and a hope to be 9st 7 (hopefully 10 stone in 6 weeks!!!)

I'm sorry this is a boring and predictable topic - but i need the help and I don't understand the other posts with the maths!!!!!

Thank you

Sionii

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    simplified example;

if you eat 1200 calories in a day and then you burn 500 calories working out then your total amount of calories for the day is 700. This is the same thing as not working out and only eating 700 calories in a day. Simply put, you can't survive for very long eating only 700 calories. This is why you would eat your excercise calories back. To properly fuel your body.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes, eat exercise calories back, that is how MFP is set up to work.
  • Sionii
    Sionii Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thank you for the simplified example - so i should eat my calories back - but with healthy food not crap!

thanx
    x
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Eat them back. 1200 minus the 500 cals you are burning is far too little. You will see an initial loss but then the lack of food starts messing with all kinds of things. I don't know all the techinal stuff behind it - even though I've read it a million times. But eat back your calories. You should always be netting 1200 or more. Less than that and you are asking for trouble.
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    Eating nutritious foods and exercising build muscle. Reframe your thoughts here dont focus on eating and excercizing to lose weight. Know the importance of building strength and endurance in your muscles... Especially in your heart. Think healthfully not skinnnily.
  • Sionii
    Sionii Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So in theory if i burn 500 cal in a day - i should eat 1,700 cal that day (but in heathy nutritious food - not cream cakes!!!!)

i will up my calorie intake to a simple

Brekfast: 300cal
    Lucnch:400cal
    Dinner: 500 cal

which makes 1,200 cal and then make some healthy snacks to up the calories during the day to make up the rest of the calories.

thank you for your help everyone and i will keep you posted if it makes a different.

Sionii xxx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So in theory if i burn 500 cal in a day - i should eat 1,700 cal that day (but in heathy nutritious food - not cream cakes!!!!)

i will up my calorie intake to a simple

Brekfast: 300cal
    Lucnch:400cal
    Dinner: 500 cal

which makes 1,200 cal and then make some healthy snacks to up the calories during the day to make up the rest of the calories.

thank you for your help everyone and i will keep you posted if it makes a different.

Sionii xxx

you can eat cream cakes if you want... if you are at a deficit you will lose weight.