Loss of periods

Options
Please help people, I am lost my periods for the last 6 months and still nons

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    VLCD?

Wait, I'm a bloke, this is a thread about periods. Where's the exit?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Body fat too low? Have you seen a doctor?
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey Katied,

I'm sorry this has happened! This is something you should definitely be talking with your doctor about - missing periods, particularly for a long period of time like this, is something you really want to get investigated, and people over the internet just can't give that kind of advice.

Good luck hon, I hope all is well, and I hope that you do make an appointment to talk to a medical professional.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    See your doctor. Period. (Heh)
  • Katiedxxxx
    Katiedxxxx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Seen doctor - no help just said its because of weight loss but I have maintained now for 6 months
  • Katiedxxxx
    Options
    Body day still 28% and bmi is 23 so all ok
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Whaaaaat? 6 months an no period? Girl, run to your doctor ASAP! That could be some serious ****...

Go and do some tests. It could be due to weight loss, it could not. It's stupid to just guess...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    See your doctor AGAIN.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    how about seeing a different dr?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    see a different doctor.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Seen doctor - no help just said its because of weight loss but I have maintained now for 6 months

Get a second opinion.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I went 6 months once with no period...I found out in my early 30's I had low thyroid. My periods were all over the place from 2 weeks apart to 6 months apart. Put my on birth control when I was 18 to straighten them out, but I quit that when I was 40 but they have been pretty regular ever since (I think because of the thyroid meds). So check your thyroid as well as other tests to see what's going on. Different doctor, I agree!
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Hey, I have the same issue. I've been to my doctor and have had all the tests done. My hormones are fine, I don't have PCOS I'm not pregnant, my kidneys are fine and so are my ovaries etc but they notice that one of my thyroid hormones was a tiny tiny bit off but not such enough that there can be any treatment...I mentioned to my doctor about what I'm eating and she said that it COULD be my body getting adjusted but if I don't get my period back in 3 months that they'll run a thyroid check.
    I recommend just getting it checked out to rule out anything serious but don't panic!:)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    What form for birth control do you use?

I used to use Cerazette, so an oral contraceptive, and I went from having no periods for 6 months, then to one every other week. I soon got fed up with that and changed. POP pills and forms of contraception are notorious for making periods scatty.

Other than that, go see a different doctor.
  • nika_bolinhos
    Options
    You haven't told us a few things, including the most important one, do you use any birth control methods? If yes, which ones? How long have you used them? How often? Have you changed anything anytime soon? It could be related to that and your hormones adapting to your new weight, sometimes it takes a while for things to settle and I have heard many a doctor advice to stop hormone related medication for a while to let your metabolism adapt to the new set up.
    Anyway, I think you should se a doctor, you said that you saw one but that it didn't help. Maybe you need to find a new doctor, someone that you feel more comfortable with and that offers answers and opinions. I have had doctors in the past that simply were not for me. I am curious and I like being explained everything, even if it's stupid and obvious, it's my health and I am usually very concerned about it to make a move to go see a doctor in the first place. I have changed professionals and it was a world of difference. Not that the new one was any better and finding out what was wrong with me, but they were much better at making me feel comfortable and more relaxed about it, as well as explained to me what could be happening in a clear way and making me feel better and at least more enlightened about my situation. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious.
  • Katiedxxxx
    Options
    No birth control as wanting about her baby - doctors run bloob tests for everything and all that came back was low hormone levels - again they just put it down to weight loss but I just feel after 6-7 months it should have sorted - maybe diff doc
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No birth control as wanting about her baby - doctors run bloob tests for everything and all that came back was low hormone levels - again they just put it down to weight loss but I just feel after 6-7 months it should have sorted - maybe diff doc

Definitely see another doctor. If you have hormone levels that are so low that it is causing you to lose your period then your doctor should have addressed that instead of saying it's "because you lost weight". That is complete and utter rubbish.
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    I feel you... I can't remember the last time that I had my period!