Almond, coconut and honey cookies :)

kelsierose094
kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
I made these the other day and they are my new favorite cookie to make. The recipe makes 12..but then when I tasted them out of the oven I just HAD to make another batch because I knew I'd demolish them all :p However, I can't take credit - I got them thehealthychef.com, but still have the ingredients at the top of my head so thought I'd post it :)

Ingredients:
150g almond meal (I used 1 and a half cups)
40g coconut oil (I used 2 and a half tablespoons)
40g honey (I used 2 tablespoons)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate

Process:
Mix the almond meal, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract in a bowl until combined. The mixture will be crumbly, so add a tablespoon of water. If necessary, keep adding a tablespoon of water at a time until the mixture becomes a dough (it took me about 5 tbsp). Add in the chocolate and mix in evenly. Using a spoon, form the mixture into 12 cookies and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. I topped mine with an almond each, but you obviously don't have to. Put them in the oven at 130 - 150 C for 20 - 30 minutes until cookies are quite golden :)

And there you go! Super easy, and they taste amazing!

I'm going to make more tomorrow and try them with sultanas to make them even healthier still, and maybe maple syrup instead of honey just for something different :)

If you haven't checked out thehealthychef.com you really should! She posts amazing recipes, I especially love her apricot chicken and naked chocolate cake :)

Replies

• frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Thanks for the recipe! I'm always interested in more ways to use coconut oil. How many calories did you count for each cookie?
  • Amytrue1
    Amytrue1 Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for pointing me to thehealthychef.com! Looks like a wonderful resource....
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    The site says 111 for each cookie - so i didn't bother doing my own count. It shouldn't differ too much - just depends on different brands :)
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Bumping this for later :)