Peanut Butter

Options
What do you think the best kind of peanut butter out there is? I am a peanut butter lover and currently in my closet I have regular creamy, JIF natural crunchy, and PB2.

The natural crunchy is my favorite taste wise, but PB2 is so low on calories! I usually have peanut butter a few times a week and make sure to fit it into my calorie goal for the day.

Any thoughts on these three options? Or other butters? Such as almond. I'm trying to get a good grasp on the peanut butter world.

Replies

• Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm a Creamy Jiff kinda gal - I know it's full of sugars and stuff, but I just can't seem to get it in my head to care. :)
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I buy the Jif natural to go packs and stick those in my lunch box. Feels like a treat to me..love it!
  • stacetherainbow
    Options
    I'm too cheap to pay for other butters but sunflower, almond and cashew are all yummy.
    I love the Smart Balance chunky. It tastes amazing and has omegas added for a bonus.
    PB2 is great in shakes and smoothies, but not really worth it (imo) as a spread.
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    I enjoy Skippy natural. The regular stuff has hydrogenated oils in it...BLAH!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    In love... all natural is the best way to go!
  • Susanne327
    Options
    :smile: I love the Skippy Natural . It tastes like rgular without so much sugar!
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    I've been in a Peter Pan Honey Roast Crunchy phase for a while now. Love the crunchy to eat right out of the jar!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOVE peanut butter! PB2 is a great option for low cal.

I love the all natural kind of peanut butter and almond butter. Justins Honey almond butter is my ultimate favorite.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    JIF creamy, JIF Natural creamy, PB2, PB2 chocolate... and my current fav: Maranatha creamy Almond Butter.
  • stevepax
    stevepax Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Buy some peanuts and other nuts and make your own blend. Vitamix blender does this in a snap, but you can do it in a food processor too. Best ever.
  • johncharlton1958
    Options
    I am a kraft smooth fan, I enjoy it with rasins and celery, I think it is called ants on a log from my days at the camp grounds.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying Planter's crunchy...it's pretty darn good!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    All Peanut Butter & Co flavors, Skippy Natural Extra Crunchy, Nutella (I know its not PB)......I go through a jar a week.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    as long as it is in your calorie goal don't worry about, go for what you like. I eat it a few times a week and it has not affected my weight loss. I agree with one poster about pb2, it works great in smoothies but totally bites as a spread.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Jif or Peter Pan yum!
  • joyous504
    joyous504 Posts: 72
    Options
    Earth Balance Peanut Butter is amazing. If you like coconut, the PB with coconut oil is delicious. PB is so high in calorie though I eat it only on the days I walk 7-10 miles and weigh out 2 tbs.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I love Jif natural with a touch of honey. Yum! If I can't find that then Jif natural creamy is tasty too. :)
  • anjani_009
    anjani_009 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Pindakaas-450x450_tcm164-313249.jpg

And no one can tell me otherwise.

I'd stick with the one that has the least/no added ingredients.
    And I agree with oldandslower, should worry too much as long as it stays within your macros :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    All Peanut Butter & Co flavors

o0o, I get their "Dark Chocolate Dreams." So good!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I love Smuckers All Natural and Organic, Kirkland's All Natural, and if I want a treat, I LOVE PB Crave's Cookie Nookie. LOL Oh, and PB&CO's Maple is really good, too.