weight loss buddy?

Options
hey everyone! I'm Ashley and I'm looking for a weight loss buddy. I have been on MFP since November and have lost around 15lbs. I'm starting to lose motivation to keep losing weight and have been maintaining for the past few weeks. I love eating clean but i also like a little junk food here and there. I have a medical condition that makes it difficult to eat so, at times, i may have low calories but it's not intentional. I blend and juice almost daily to get most of my fruits and veggies in. I'm 5'2", 24 yr old, and am 146. My goal is at 115 so I still have a ways to go. I'm looking for someone to help keep each other motivated in the long haul. I'm not interested in a buddy that is following a 'diet' or unhealthy means to lose weight. I'm a runner training for a Marathon in October and I also lift weights. I'm a firm believer of good ol fashion hard work which means exercising and eathing healthy with some treats sprinkled in.

Replies

• tia582
    tia582 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to mfp! About 5 years ago I lost 37 lbs for my wedding, but once the dress was off I gave up and stopped. Now looking back I wish I just stuck through it and i would probably be at goal. I am a 31 year old mother of 3 and need to lose 54lbs. I have been going to the gym for a week now and just this Monday started MFP and eating healthy. I need motivation and success stories to keep me going. I also have increase my water intake. Before I barely drank water, bad I know, but I am drinking about 5-6 bottles a day now. I am hoping this will help too.
  • sgk0411
    sgk0411 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy
  • msmaisiepop
    msmaisiepop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

I'm Kel and am new!.. and my goal is almost exactly the same as yours! I'm 5'1 and 150lbs... looking to get down to 125lb... or less would be fine of course:smile:

I am trying to mostly eat health, clean foods but it's hard! It would be great to try and motivate one another!

Exercise-wise I try and walk and do the circuit machine at the gym. I am also pescatarian...

I also lost 15lb last year but put it on while studying for a Masters degree (stress eating). I got a distinction for 1st year but put then put the weight back on doing so. I am annoyed at myself, but am also waiting for the annoyance to turn to 'action'...

I am also trying for a baby but have no idea how long that might take, and want to be a healthy weight if/when it might happen!

Please feel free to add me!

Kel

PS: Well done on your weight loss so far...!