The Very First Step!

Options
Hi everyone...I've already learned so much from reading.....for my very first step to break out of the sedentary/not eating enough cycle.....what do I do first? I did register and my BMR said 1240.......I programmed in 4 days of exercise for 30 mins for a start(I will do more once I get going)...it now says my calories are 1200......this is low right? Help..what's my next step? I am 45, 4 foot 11 and 150 lbs...uugghh, not good!

I will start jotting down everything I eat and plan, plan, plan...then come on her at night and record the food and exercise..is that how everyone uses this basically?
~sweeettea

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I post my food (breakfast, snacks, lunch) in the morning as I pack stuff up, then post dinner when I make it. I add exercise classes in the morning when I know I'll be going, and exercise that I do that's not organized on the fly. I can alter information on my phone, but prefer to input information on the computer....and when I input my calories consumed early, I have a sense of what kind of wiggle room I have (and a sense of whether or not I need to run up and down the stairs at work a couple of times before I leave for home...)
  • sweeettea
    Options
    Good idea!
  • sweeettea
    Options
    Anyone else? :)
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    Loved your idea abyt42!
    I post my food (breakfast, snacks, lunch) in the morning as I pack stuff up, then post dinner when I make it. I add exercise classes in the morning when I know I'll be going, and exercise that I do that's not organized on the fly. I can alter information on my phone, but prefer to input information on the computer....and when I input my calories consumed early, I have a sense of what kind of wiggle room I have (and a sense of whether or not I need to run up and down the stairs at work a couple of times before I leave for home...)

I only started last week (officially yesterday) and I was wondering how to keep track when i'm out of the office and don't have internet access for a day :) (don't have access via phone)
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do things as I go. I have a big sign on my fridge that reminds me about portion control. Writing everything down as I eat it makes me feel like I'm being more accountable. And start small. One step at a time is how I get things done!