Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• emilydiehl08
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone :)

I was slightly worried about the fat content and what not, but it always fits in to my day so I guess I don't need to feel to guilty! Can't wait to try some of you guys suggestions :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I am a kraft smooth fan, I enjoy it with rasins and celery, I think it is called ants on a log from my days at the camp grounds.

LOVE Ants On A Log! It was my mom's go-to snack for us kids when I was growing up. I've never met another person outside my family who even knows what it is! My husband can't fathom why I like it :laugh: but to this day if I need a sweet snack that's my first stop. mmmmmmm
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    NEVER feel guilty about peanut butter!!! LOL
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    The Kirkland's all natural is surprisingly good, although I avoid the super processed ones like Jif unless it's going on a hamburger.

I prefer getting to the store and using the grinder to get fresh peanut butter, that way you know exactly what's in it. PB2 is kick *kitten* as well, have soe in the freezer and add it to my protein shakes.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    A health food store in town will grind toasted peanuts right in front of you for mega-fresh PB. Nom, nom, nom!

(They also let you "cycle for your own smoothie" where they have a stationary bike hooked up to a generator to a blender and your cycling makes the blender go! It's a cute gimmick)
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I would try to go as natural as you can, eliminating any with trans fats/hydrogenated oil. Peanuts are actually a lentil. I still eat peanut butter but I have been trying almond butter more now. Still tinkering with making my own nut butters to save some money, adding cinnamon or raw cocoa powder.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Does not matter except that it has to be creamy. Only weirdos eat crunchy. Creamy rocks!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan 100% Natural Crunchy and Peanut Butter & Co Crunch Time. I like PB2 chocolate blended in with my post-workout shake
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think the best kind is whichever one has the most ingredients, and preferably has the word "hydrogenated" on the label somewhere.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think any of the full fat ones are fine as long as you don't overeat them.

The "reduced fat" ones are full of crap - I got a Sainsburys reduced fat one and it tasted like peanut butter flavour icing sugar - yuck.

I have the whole earth crunchy variety in my drawer at work, perfect spread on Ryvita for a pre workout snack :)

Almond, hazelnut and cashew are the others that I have tried and they are ALL delicious. I love nut butter!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The "reduced fat" ones are full of crap - I got a Sainsburys reduced fat one and it tasted like peanut butter flavour icing sugar - yuck.

That sounds delicious.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I eat Jif Natural creamy. I don't care at all about the calories. I usually have 2 Tbsp per day. It fits in my macros, so I eat it.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i do not discriminate...i love crunchy PB as much as i love creamy. and it fits my macros, so i eat it all!
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan 100% Natural Honey Roasted! The only kind I know! ;)
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    Jiff Natural is the best tasting pb, IMO. I haven't had "regular" pb in so long (trying to avoid trans fats) that I don't remember what they taste like. Natural pb can be runny depending on the brand but Jiff Natural is pretty awesome and doesn't separate. I love the crunch and creamy versions equally but I can't keep either one around because I will end up eating the whole jar. I tried Skippy Natural and it may just be me but I didn't think it was as good as Jiff Natural.

PB2 is not as good, probably because it doesn't have all the fat. I only use it in my protein shakes for a little peanut flavor. Reconstituted and spread on toast, it tastes fine but feels so wrong to me. I know, I'm weird. Almond butter is just as fattening but it doesn't trigger binge episodes for me so I use almond butter for my daily english muffin. Justin's Almond Butter with Maple is my favorite.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Sadly my three year old has a peanut allergy so PB is a forbidden food in my house. :sad:

I'm living vicariously through all of you right now!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    in grad school my lab tested about 30 different for aflatoxin levels. PB's ranged from commercial, to natural, to full organic.

In the end, I can without a doubt say that Jif tastes the best and is the most convenienct product to use.

I like the "natural" jif choices though as they have a little less salt.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fresh Ground from Publix Deli is my favorite, we do not have a publix here so I stock up when I can.

When I dont have fresh ground, I use the Jif Natural, or the Great Value Natural creamy.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    SKIPPY.

My family Credo: EVERYTHING is better with Peanut Butter