girls who take creatine

Options
anyone want to share their experiences or thoughts?

I have been taking creatine for about 2 weeks now. I take it in the am, before workouts, and after workouts. I have noticed a lot less soreness and a significant increase in my level of energy during CrossFit workouts. I've also noticed that my arms look fuller.

I didn't gain weight and I don't feel bloated. I have noticed a stall in weight loss tho, but I've been eating more, so that kind of explains that lol.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say about their experiences with creatine, especially girls, and what I can expect.

Thanks.

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of Creatine you are taking there. I only take it as part of my preworkout. I have had no issues with it with regards to fluid retention etc. Definitely helps with my endurance.
  • Ryne15
    Ryne15 Posts: 6
    Options
    Creatine is very safe and highly effective (and dirt cheap). How many grams are you taking a day? 5g is the standard, any more than that usually is wasted. I've had great results with creatine, my wife has as well. You shouldn't feel bloated, that's a myth. Creatine puts water in your muscles, not fat.

What should you expect? You say you didn't gain weight but that's unlikely. It usually adds a couple pounds, you may have just replaced what you were losing so the scale stayed about the same. You should start feeling a bit more endurance in your weight lifting, and you'll build some muscle a little faster because you'll be able to go harder/longer. My wife does heavy weightlifting with me and has seen significant strength gains while still losing fat. Once you stop taking it, the water weight we will be gone within a couple weeks. Have fun and good luck.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just started loading creatine a couple of days ago. I weighed in a pound heavier this morning, so I'm thinking that it is my muscles retaining water. I'm interested to see how it affects my strength gains and body fat losses. My personal trainer recommended it.