Struggling with the 30 Day Shred

Options
So I've started the shred about 3 times.. I'll do it for 2 or 3 days and just get SO bored. I start to dread working out just because I hate the repetition of the work out (the exact same thing ten days is a row?! c'mon). Any one else feel like this with the 30DS? Or workout videos in general?

Also it's not that I'm out of shape- I can do all of the moves well enough, and easily keep up with the instructors. I think it's more of a mental thing. Anyways, I'm done with Jillian for now. I think I'll just stick to running on my own haha

Replies

• samanthahix12
    Options
    Try doing it every other day. Run a day, then 30DS, then run and so forth. That way, you'll keep your exercise going but it won't be quite as repetitious.
    :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What I do is mix it up. I never do the levels for 10 days straight. Do whichever level you feel like doing that day or just do it alternating days with running or a different video. I would be bored if I did the same thing everyday, too.
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    TBH Level 1 is the worst.....and probably too easy for those already in reasonable shape.

I suggest maybe skipping straight to Level 2 and even alternating it with Level 3 and runs....Good luck tho, because I really was amazed with the results on got from 30DS! x
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I made myself finish the first 10 days. Level 2 actually looked like it would be kind of fun, but I was so bored I just couldn't do it.
  • Car_vajal
    Car_vajal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, I have started this video twice before and week one is not as challenging, I am doing 30 Shred now, but I did Wk 1 for 2 days, skip a day/ other activity, Wk 2 for a day, skip a day/ other activity and I just did week 3 today, I will probably repeat this sequence a couple of times before I move to wk 4.

Change it up, I liked the workouts better.
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Ripped in 30 right now. JUST started yesterday. But if you're looking for challenge, have you tries Insanity? I finished the Insanity program last week and now everything seems like a piece of cake.
  • KatyP29
    KatyP29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree, Mix it up, I hated doing it sometime but I would just think - Its a 25 minute work out, Its over in a flash!
  • Eifersucht
    Eifersucht Posts: 34
    Options
    I tried 30DS once and that was enough for me. I had no fun at all. I'm sure it's different for some people, but I just didn't find Jillian to be a good motivator for me. I've experimented with a few different workouts and have found Chalene Johnson to be my favorite instructor. I've had a lot of success with the TurboJam DVDs. I tried TurboFire but it wasn't as much fun and the quicker position changes left me feeling like I couldn't protect my back as well (I have osteoarthritis at L5-S1) so I have gone back to TurboJam.