Recommended DVD Workouts

Options
I have the 30-Day Shred but wondered if anyone has any other DVD recommendations?

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love all of Jillian's DVDs! I have 9 of them. Her newest one, "Hard Body", is amazing. It's a total butt-kicker, more so than any of her others. My second favorite is "Ripped in 30", which is a great follow-up to 30 Day Shred. My least favorite DVD of hers is "Shred It With Weights". It's a kettlebell workout and (in my opinion) is just awkward and not organized very well.

Another great resource is fitnessblender.com. There are full-length videos of all different types of workouts, and you can search based on length of workout, calorie burn range, type of workout, equipment needed, etc. You just have to watch a 5 second ad at the beginning of the videos. These are awesome when you only have 10 minutes and want to sweat!
  • searching4myserenity
    Options
    I do Lifelift DVD workouts they are great I have lost 60 lbs and have been able too maintain the weight loss with the videos.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    When I got tired of my Jillian DVDs (Ripped in 30, Killer Buns & Thighs 6 Week Six-Pack, and Kickbox FastFix are my faves), I started using the Nike Training Club app on my phone. Great variety of workouts from 15-45 minutes long, and it's free.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, and I'm planning to try Chalean Extreme next.

I used to love Leslie Sansone, but she's too easy for me now unless I do modifications to ramp it up, like a faster pace and adding weights. She's coming out with a 30 minutes/30 days program in August that I hope is more intense.

I know it's not a DVD, but I'm also loving the C25K app.
  • fitblackchic
    fitblackchic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Insanity Asylum is awesome and I was challenged throughout thr momth. I also liked Tap Out ans Turbo Fire. Honestly, after Asylum everything else is a breeze.
  • alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just did Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism which is a 40 minute long circuit workout. It's heavy on kickboxing moves if you like that. It's viewable in its entirety on Youtube if want to try it out for free, or even go the free route indefinitely.

I'm planning to do Jari Love's Get Ripped dvd on my strength training days to alternate with the beginner's bodyweight workout available at nerdfitness.com.
  • Cilla001
    Cilla001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback!
  • ktmclellan
    ktmclellan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have all of Jillian's, but I also like Michele Kai (sp?) Kettlenetics, which is a kettle ball DVD. Less focus on weight lifting, all kettle ball training with a 4 lb kettle ball, but I feel that I burn more calories with this work-out than others.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Butt Bible, Slim in 6 and Turbo Jam are my top 3 picks.