I followed 1550 cals for a WHOLE DAY!!

Options
I followed my 1550 cal plan ALL day yesterday with 28 cals leftover!! YAY ME!! My question? Why did I not wake up skinny this morning?? Heehehehee! Ok, Ok...don't get all crazy on me. I know it takes more than one day. I am proud of myself for following one day. This is a one day at a time journey for me. I know my quirks...like...I can't cheat...even once...because I KNOW I will give up if I do. We all have those silly things that get us in a funk. The thing is...I want to succeed THIS time. I want to look back a year or two from now and see all that hard work pay off. My problem? I take the easy way out. I give up too easily. So...Yay me...for sticking to the plan for one day....today's it's own day. So far, so good. :wink:

Replies

• 07JKGirl
    07JKGirl Posts: 45
    Options
    It is a one day at a time journey, but plan for the future days while living the current one. Great job on your one day success. Keep up the efforts and it will pay off.
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job! Baby steps, baby steps! One day leads to two and so on! You can do it!~:smile:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up!

I haven't had a successful day in a long time, but today will be the first of many I HAVE DECIDED (are you listening, Self?).
  • HopeDaleen930
    Options
    Good job! Baby steps, one day at a time. You'll get there!
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the great work!
    Stick to today and maybe you'll wake up skinny tomorrow. ;)
    (I'm still waiting for that day and I've been doing this over fourth months....wtf?? haha)
    One day at a time, you've got the right attitude, you got this!
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That is great! All it takes is one day at at time. :flowerforyou:

I kept to my calories yesterday for the first time in weeks due to a bunch of parties that I just gave myself permission to eat at. Yesterday felt good to be back on track for me too. Today I will do it again!

Good luck to you today too!!! :smile:
  • Foxxyfiercefitness
    Foxxyfiercefitness Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's great! Everyday that I don't eat the way I used to, is a celebration day for me! I figure even if I go over my 1480cals as long as it's not like 3000+ like it used to be, I'm good!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I am the same way - if you "cheat" a little you give up and feel like a failure and undo all your work. But I heard a phrase somewhere that helps some - "If you trip on the top step, you dont throw yourself down the rest of the stairs". Meaning, if you do slip up, accept it and get back on the horse immediately - dont use it as permission to cheat the rest of the day or to give up on the whole process. As soon as you finish whatever is in your mouth that shouldnt be, do some pushups to "punish" yourself (which actually is not punishment!) or go for a walk and clear your head to think about why (and get some steps in to counteract your "bad" moment).

Congrats!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I know my quirks...like...I can't cheat...even once...because I KNOW I will give up if I do.

Just saying that out loud and typing it here gives that idea power. :noway: Stop it. :explode: Let that be the behavior the "old" you would've chosen. And decide right NOW that even when you stumble, even when you mess up, even when it's hard and you're discouraged, you aren't the kind of person anymore who gives up. You used to be, but now you aren't.

Decide, right now, to disallow the idea that giving up is even an option. It isn't, if you ever wanna see the finish line. Accept now that you WILL stumble, and you WILL ALSO forgive yourself quickly and get back in the saddle. Because that's what is real, and that's what will keep you coming back to stick with this new lifestyle you've chosen.
  • lcv915
    lcv915 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm only allotted 1260/day and after losing 13 of the 45-50 I need to lose, I fell off the wagon. I was doing so well and was feeling so good...then, one anniversary dinner (and dessert!), I splurged. It's now been a month and I've yet to get back on track. I put 1/2 pound back on (I finally found the nerve to weigh myself this morning).

I can't let myself "cheat" again! I'm 51 years old and want to feel fit, strong and healthy for once in my life!

"If not now, when?"
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You're making the first steps to happy, healthy, sexy you! Go for it and don't stop!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I have fallen off the wagon ~ the key is to dust yourself off and get back on as soon as you can. Remembering that this is truly one day at a time helps, too, along with the support of good friends. I still have 60 lbs to lose, and would not be able to even think about that task if it weren't for my friends here and those I see daily in my life!

Hang in there, it does get better! :flowerforyou:
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I completely relate to this post..I'm still working on sticking to anything for a whole day..congrats! One day at a time! =)
  • TDiaz214
    TDiaz214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    'You might not be there yet, but you're closer than you were yesterday'

One day at a time , KIU :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    Great job for today! and good luck for tomorrow!!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I followed my 1550 cal plan ALL day yesterday with 28 cals leftover!! YAY ME!! My question? Why did I not wake up skinny this morning?? Heehehehee! Ok, Ok...don't get all crazy on me. I know it takes more than one day. I am proud of myself for following one day. This is a one day at a time journey for me. I know my quirks...like...I can't cheat...even once...because I KNOW I will give up if I do. We all have those silly things that get us in a funk. The thing is...I want to succeed THIS time. I want to look back a year or two from now and see all that hard work pay off. My problem? I take the easy way out. I give up too easily. So...Yay me...for sticking to the plan for one day....today's it's own day. So far, so good. :wink:

First of all, awesome job on sticking to it! Take it one step and one day at a time. That being said, I'd be careful about the "can't cheat even once" mindset. If you think of it like that, you WILL fail. You can't go into this thinking of it as a diet. Diets fail and you gain the weight back afterwards. It's a new lifestyle. In the real world, in your lifestyle, birthday cakes happen. Cookies happen. Heck, even ice cream happens! If it doesn't ... well, that makes me want to :sad: Leave room in your calories for the occasional treat so you don't feel deprived. That way, once all the weight is gone, you know how to fit the good stuff into your maintenance!

All the best to you, and tell that extra unwanted body weight what it can do with itself! :flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Now start stringing a few of these days together and a few more. Don't quit if you have a bad day in there. The habit of putting more good days together will cause you to succeed!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce hun you can do this and always remember what I told you,,,
    think of this as a Lifestyle change not just a diet because diets dont last but working out of bad habits in to good ones can last kinda like people who quit smoking or drinking just your drug of choose is food. I have the same problem I love to eat! I have sent you a request and there are many on my friends list that are active and ready to face the day and remember every day is an up and down on the down days just remember tomorrow is another new day with better chooses!
  • paynebearclan
    paynebearclan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone!! It really helps to have people motivating me, telling me their own personal journey, encouraging me, and just listening to me!!! THAT is what is going to help me succeed!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!