Any success stories for saggy tummies?? :(

Options
2»

Replies

• hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just kidding of course. I agree with all the suggestions on here. I'm still holding onto some belly fat, but it's not stopping me from getting up to work it off every single morning.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I do not have this problem...yet. I still have a long ways to go before I hit goal (or any place NEAR goal). I have heard that heavy lifting will help with this problem.
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options
    I never had this problem until i had my child, my lower abs is my hardest to tighten up, but I recommend doing a lot lower ab workout with weights, for example hanging leg raises with a dumbbell between your feet and raise your knees up to your chest along with the dumbbell. Also you need to lower your bodyfat to tighten up your body and stomach (lifting weights is the best). Usually the lower stomach is the last to go away so I heard...
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Have a baby! Then you can just blame it on the baby. ;)

HA!!! I already have three. :wink:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too.. I've been heavy lifting for awhile and while I'm at 19% body fat now, I still look fat cause of the sagging skin (after having two babes). I believe depending on your skin's elasticity that strength training should be a crucial part of your regime (just like eating is). I've been at it for six months now but this is as good as it seems like it's going to get for me (see below). I virtually have no belly button any more, it's just a piece of sagging skin and the sad part is that it's all from having babes, not from being slightly larger once upon a time :( You probably can't see it in the last pic but the skin sags when I don't wear pants.

19593344_9224.jpg

Day 8: f3e5844d-c634-4fab-801b-b580ec2e4660_zps02b2b13a.jpg

Day 171: 19593344_1442.jpg
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    my kangaroo pouch as i call it is low also. i have had it since after the birth of my first son back in 1990. and its still there. :sad:
    like you, my belly got smaller but my sag is gonna sag I think. Mine is different because it is a very low sag, so its not going over my pant band. So I doubt if I ever get rid of that being so low down there.
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    hi, i thought of doing that also. i have a friend that does it. how did you like it when you tried it. how many times do you have to do it before you notice?
    I have only tried it once, so I don't know if it actually works, but I know the pictures people post for that belly wrapping thing looks like it may work. I've been thinking about trying it for a month since I have lost most of my weight in my waist and stomach. Although I am leary because I hate gimmicks and temporary fixes. I don't know...
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I've seen pretty significant shrinkage over the last 9 months. I've been maintaining my weight loss and continuing weight lifting. I'll always have some extra skin but it's not bad at all. I have pics but I won't post them - I'll send them by PM though if you want :)
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You have to determine if the sag is caused by loose SKIN or actually by fat. All the cardio and strength training in the world won't tighten loose SKIN. It's the sad hard truth. I'm at 18% body fat and my stomach is saggy despite my abs, reason? I have loose skin from pregnancy and weight loss. Only time can help that. I take vitamins, keep moisturized, but that is all I can do at this point.
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    Everybody keeps saying there is nothing that can be done but I'm really hopeful that's not true, even though I'm 58! Skin is just as alive as any other part of the body, and it seems like it should respond to increased circulation, so I'm going to be using an electric massager at least once a day on my skin. Also taking vitamin C and alfalfa, using a skin brush. doing some strength training, doing some isometrics (pulling the abdomen tightly in and up and holding for a few seconds, several times a day, and doing the same for arms and thighs and bottom). I'm using firming lotion that I've added grapefruit oil to alternated with coconut oil, and am also doing daily visualization of smooth, tight skin, because I believe the body follows the mind. Call me crazy, but I just want to know I've done everything I can to help things along. Oh! and drinking lots of water.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You have to determine if the sag is caused by loose SKIN or actually by fat. All the cardio and strength training in the world won't tighten loose SKIN. It's the sad hard truth. I'm at 18% body fat and my stomach is saggy despite my abs, reason? I have loose skin from pregnancy and weight loss. Only time can help that. I take vitamins, keep moisturized, but that is all I can do at this point.

Agreed!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What about a Derma roller?

I really want to try one =)
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Two weeks of strength training, and I'm already seeing it lift. I had my daughter two years ago and I'm just seeing a difference now, now that I've started doing weights.

I also wear a weighted belt that I wear (and wear it on the pooch) when I'm doing cardio or cleaning the house, haha.

I'm sure the weight training is the big part, though :)

*Edit: As long as its fat, rather than loose skin. Mine's definitely extra weight, lol
  • Alatariel2002
    Alatariel2002 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I suffer from twin skin(non techy term) since I grew pretty large from my pregnancy with my twins, and was told it will never truely go away since the elasticity in my skin was destroyed. All I can do is hope to minimize it somehow.
  • sdlatingrl76
    Options
    Totally feel your pain. My friend and I both call it the "flap jack" It's like a permanent pancake that won't go away. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!