PB2

cxdyer
cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
If you like the taste of peanut butter but not the fat and calories, give PB2 a try. In short, its dehydrated peanuts. It's not as nutritionally sound as any of the fresh nut butters, but it tastes great in my smoothies.

Replies

• I'm in LOVE with PB2! I usually put a tablespoon of it into my protein shakes to get that PB flavor without all the extra calories. The Chocolate PB2 is awesome, too. :-)
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Also a fan of PB2. Yum! I like it w bananas... Lol!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Added to stuff it is only ok.... Try and eat it as peanut butter n it tastes and looks like baby bird poop.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    I LOVE peanut butter. I keep trying so hard to like PB2 but I hate it. It sort of smells like PB but it doesn't have the correct consistency and it tastes like absolutely nothing at all to me. I really wish I cold like it. I just do not get why others do.
  • muppetfan13
    muppetfan13 Posts: 28 Member
    It's a great addition to oatmeal, too. Yum.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    This has been a godsend to me because I love peanut butter in my smoothies in the morning, but it jacks the calorie count way up. The chocolate peanut butter is yummy too!!! I have never tried it any other way, but I have heard it isn't very good if you use it as a spread...
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Added to stuff it is only ok.... Try and eat it as peanut butter n it tastes and looks like baby bird poop.

This must be what I am doing wrong. I keep trying to spread it on an english muffin and its just vile
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    I love PB2! I like to eat it on celery with a little bit of strawberry jelly. Yummy.
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    I have found it in the original and in chocolate! Good in smoothies, but the chocolate is very good spread on rice cakes.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    I like to mix it into non fat plain greek yogurt and add sliced strawberries.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    I'm a huge fan!!!
  • urbliss777
    urbliss777 Posts: 48
    I enjoy it a lot! I tried it on a rice cake and it tasted like peanut butter to me. Are those who do not like it following the water to PB2 ratio on the label? If so well that is a shame you still do not like it.

I want to try these this week!

PB2 and Protein powder Peanut butter cups- http://www.rippedrecipes.com/recipe/clean-casein-pbtwo-peanut-butter-cups-265.html
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    I bought both the regular and chocolate off of Amazon. The chocolate is not very chocolate tasting to me, but I do like it. I'm not on a smoothie craze right now but I have added it to almond milk with chia seeds and it makes a pudding. I've also added it to ripe banana and oatmeal cookies.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    I like the creativity of adding it to things other than a smoothie. Thanks for these creative tips
  • shana0402
    shana0402 Posts: 2 Member
    if you mix it with sugar free syrup it makes a great toast topper or a dip for apples or any fruit you like to dip. I personally use smuckers suger free syrup. :love:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member

This must be what I am doing wrong. I keep trying to spread it on an english muffin and its just vile

That'a exactly it. I tried it alone and ew! But it's a good low cal addition to a smoothie or oatmeal
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    You are so wise:drinker:
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    I love PB2 too! I make it thick and it tastes great to me. Its been a godsend in a pinch!