air travel and packing liquids......

Options
2»

Replies

• dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    on top of national standards, many airports also have private guidelines you have to follow.

2 airports I went through would not allow any type of sprays in my carryon, and 1 airport allowed only a pump spray in my carryon.

on top of that 1 airport would also not allow ANY type of liquids in my carryon unless they were for medical uses. I had bought one of those cute travel size gift sets from bath & body works and ended up having to leave it at the airport.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It has been a while since I flew. I believe arisols were not allowed through at all. All liquids must be in a quart size zip lock baggie. (I always double bag...even triple bag so I have extras to come home with...)

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    pur suran wrap under the lid and twist the lid over it . that way it won't leak (on lotions and shampoo and things like that)

Brilliant! Thank you!
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Don't forget lots of mini liquor bottles.

:drinker:
  • sizzle74
    Options
    These tips have all been very helpful! Thank you so much! (Don't stop though if you have more!) :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I am leaving for Orlando in a couple of weeks. Going to stay for 14 days. Not bringing any of my "toiletries". Going to buy them there.

Another thing I do every year when I take vacation -- I buy brand new socks and underpanties and leave them at home. I then take all my old ones and toss them out each morning instead of carting dirty undies and socks home with me.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Alcohol is generally not allowed in hand luggage :(

CRAP...really?????
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Check it and remember TSA does not have any right to search your person.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is generally not allowed in hand luggage :(
    CRAP...really?????

Check with your airline and airport but in the UK it's a no-no. Just check it into your hold luggage and find the bar when you get through security.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Check it and remember TSA does not have any right to search your person.

Yes, they do if they find something "weird" when they scan your body or in your carry on. You may refuse to be searched or padded but be willing to say bye-bye to your flight. We are living in a time where personal rights and privacy are obscured by safety. Sad but true.

As other members mentioned different airports (local/regional), and internationals too, have different rules, and it is better to be prepared than caught by surprise.

In the USA no liquids are allowed in the carry on, unless they were bought at the airport after passing security. If you are taking an overseas trip and if you buy perfume, liquids, etc, in the Duty Free Shop, the package will be delivery to you upon boarding your plane.