4th of July plans??

Options

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that the Fireworks will be up at Lake Tahoe, Nv- they are so freakn beautiful over the lake, maybe some celebration and gambling afterwards,, haha, who knows

Tahoe is one of those "Someday" places for us. :love:

Although, I'm a hiking freak and hubsters is a ski-freak so we can never agree on the time of year to go. :grumble:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    BBQ (lots of BBQ plans I see) with the family, not sure about fireworks though. No where good to go see them around here, and we didn't buy our own this year. :ohwell:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that the Fireworks will be up at Lake Tahoe, Nv- they are so freakn beautiful over the lake, maybe some celebration and gambling afterwards,, haha, who knows

Tahoe is one of those "Someday" places for us. :love:

Although, I'm a hiking freak and hubsters is a ski-freak so we can never agree on the time of year to go. :grumble:

yea those are 2 completely different seasons around here. Thats whats awesome about Tahoe, we have 4 solid seasons- I prefer summer because the lake is one giant ongoing party, and then winter because the snowboarding here is incredible.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Friend of mine is coming up from INDY... she's bringing me clothes (smaller sizes) and spending the weekend with me. Not sure what we are going to do but was thinking of taking her over to the lakeshore for the day and watch fireworks over there.

Oh COOL!!! I need friends like that!! :drinker:

She's wonderful... she had weight loss surgery about 2-3 yrs ago so she has clothes for me all the way down to size 12 I think she said. She has 6 bags of clothes and a box of shoes and boots LOL

I can't wait til she gets up here tomorrow afternoon to see all that she's bringing me!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Going home to Albany for fireworks on the glorious Hudson River:sick: .... lol.

Probably spend the day drinking and at the festival they have in the Empire State plaza. Watching the Yankees beat the Red Sox....
    bed early though cuz Im going to Yankee Stadium on Saturday for game 3 of the 4 game series!

oh great....ONLY...slight change hon....it will be the sox winning...but have fun!!!:drinker:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    Having a cook out with friends and my mom--plenty of booze and food!! Fireworks out of the a_ _!!

My step-dad passed away last year-4th of July. So I am trying to keep my mom occupied. Wish me luck--it is going to be a tough one for me and my family.

We are going camping Sat-Mon!! There goes my calorie count!

I hope everybody has a great and SAFE 4th!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    we're having a big bbq at our house....lots of family coming...should be fun! we may do some fireworks I mean...NOOOOO because that would be ILLEAGAL in MASS....so yup ...NO FIREWORKS...(yes fireworks!)....shhhh

we were going to go camping but we're going the next weekend instead....woo hoo!

well be safe and felice di mangiare tutti!

hugs!
    Ali
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Going home to Albany for fireworks on the glorious Hudson River:sick: .... lol.

Probably spend the day drinking and at the festival they have in the Empire State plaza. Watching the Yankees beat the Red Sox....
    bed early though cuz Im going to Yankee Stadium on Saturday for game 3 of the 4 game series!

oh great....ONLY...slight change hon....it will be the sox winning...but have fun!!!:drinker:

You must be hallucinating Ali:wink:
    Can't wait to go to the game Saturday though!
    I'll be the spec of dust all the way at the top of the stadium!:laugh:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    :drinker: PAR-TAY!!!! My boss always throws the best parties cause he's loaded... this time it's on the water!! PLUS my sisters (who I hardly ever get to see) are coming to visit! I've been a busy little bee cleaning and making room for 3 more people in our 2 BR apartment for them and I'm super siked!!! :love: :bigsmile: Let's see.... booze, fireworks, family, food.... I couldn't ask for more!! :blushing:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    we're having a big bbq at our house....lots of family coming...should be fun! we may do some fireworks I mean...NOOOOO because that would be ILLEAGAL in MASS....so yup ...NO FIREWORKS...(yes fireworks!)....shhhh

we were going to go camping but we're going the next weekend instead....woo hoo!

well be safe and felice di mangiare tutti!

hugs!
    Ali

Colorado is too dry for most fireworks. Doesn't stop most people though. :grumble:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Noting planned during the day and it is supposed to rain starting around 6. I hope it misses us. I haven't been to fireworks in a couple years.
  • ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    Cookout / friends / fireworks for me!

fun times...:drinker: :bigsmile:

Ty
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    Leaving Friday for a weeks vacation in Cape May/Wildwood, NJ. It's gonna be great!:drinker:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    BBQ and beer with the family...then I'm going to celebrate the independence of my country by blowing up a small part of it with all the Roman candles and M80s I got.party0012.gif
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    OMG I am so excited!!! We will be spending the entire day on the water...See photo below!!! It gets so crazy busy and friends are all going with boats, so I am sooooooooooo excited!!! You can walk all the way across and around the water, they set up a bar on a boat in the water, a restaurant, and huge trampolines and slides for the kids. It is a blast!!! I can't wait! We rented a place to stay overnight to add to the fun and will be watching the fireworks too! YEY!!! Errrr....as long as it doesn't storm and rain! Oh well!

vfiles20390.jpg
  • ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    OMG I am so excited!!! We will be spending the entire day on the water...See photo below!!! It gets so crazy busy and friends are all going with boats, so I am sooooooooooo excited!!! You can walk all the way across and around the water, they set up a bar on a boat in the water, a restaurant, and huge trampolines and slides for the kids. It is a blast!!! I can't wait! We rented a place to stay overnight to add to the fun and will be watching the fireworks too! YEY!!! Errrr....as long as it doesn't storm and rain! Oh well!

vfiles20390.jpg

you get to have all the fun!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    you get to have all the fun!!!

Oh yes...I am absolutely excited!!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am jealous Princess Laundry!! I have to settle for the pool during the day. :grumble:

Then I am going to a party. Word on the street is, they have purchased over $800 worth of fireworks and are setting up different "stations" for the displays. On top of that, the neighbors are doing their own show as well. So I am going to sit back with my beer and watch.

Then I have to drive to Onalaska Texas on Saturday to help my Mom get her lake house ready to put on the market. :sad: Just kidding, I'll be happy to see my Mom!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone plans on doing a little drinking so

:drinker: CHEERS Everyone!:drinker:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Heading to ****son Tn... TO visit my Boyfriends family.. (whom i have not met yet) To eat foods I have never had before and forget about the crazy life here in grand old MICHIGAN :bigsmile: :drinker: they bleeped out the city... wow... thats crazy... well. D*I*C*K*S*O*N ..lol:laugh: