Quick workout routines

Options
In a nutshell

Because of my work schedule the only time I really have to workout is in the morning, the problem is that I am NOT a morning person.

I need a quick full body routine (15-20mins) so I can roll out of bed and get going. I have some kettle bells (20lbs, 15lbs, 10lbs) and some hand weights (20lbs, 15lbs, 10lbs).

I'm looking for a mix of body weight exercises and weights focusing on body weight.

Any suggestions would be VERY welcome!

Thanks!

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals 30 day shred is a 20 minute routine with 3 different lvls of difficulty. It is available on DVD. I love this routine.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love love love Beach Body's Turbo Jam 20 minute workout!

Edit: If you have an iphone, you can download a free app called "Gain Fitness". You enter in what kind of workout you want to do/area of focus, how many minutes, how many days a week, and if you want to lose fat/gain muscle/general health. It will create a 4 week plan for you. You can also tell it if you're working out a home or at a gym and what equipment you have access to.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com is bomb. You can search for workout videos based on min/max minutes, calorie burn, equipment you have, type of workout, etc. They have some where you need kettlebells and/or dumbbells and others requiring no equipment. I think you just have to watch a 5 second ad at the beginning of each video.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Jillian Michaels 30DS
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Try tabata
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    1 minute: jumping jack warm up
    3 minutes: jump rope
    2 minutes: push ups
    4 minutes: burpees
    3 minutes: jump squats
    3 minutes run in place cool down.
  • xclassiqx
    xclassiqx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender
    ZWow
    ZCut
    Tabata
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    New York Times magazine did a short article on the "scientific 7 minute workout" See link for other similar workouts and that workout as well. I have done it a few times when really pressed for time nd not wanting to give up a workout for that day and it is a good workout.

https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=&q=7+minute+workout&oq=7+minute&gs_l=igoogle.1.0.0l10.1921.3488.0.5982.8.5.0.3.3.0.99.431.5.5.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.igoogle.1B5_X6lEruk
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty good workout and I think may be similar to what you're looking for:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

There is also a lot of other info and workouts on the site too. Hope that helps!

I'm doing the Tough Mudder in August and found some exercises on their page too. Some of these may also be helpful (though some also require extra equipment such as a pull-up bar):
    http://toughmudder.com/tough-mudder-boot-camp-training/
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    For cardio and strength then Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is good. For just strength, this works well for me: http://produmbbellworkouts.com/dumbbell-routines/full-body-high-volume/

I know you say you don't have much time but the dumbbell routine can be done while watching TV, waiting for dinner to cook etc. It also includes useful links to videos so you get your form right.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this one - and it really does get you sweating in less than 20 mins - - kettlebells rule!
    http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/kettlebell-workout-burn-20-calories-minute
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    - 40 jumping jacks
    - 30 squats
    - 15 push ups
    - 40 crunches

(repeat 3 times)
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the nike training club app. It has 15, 30 and 45 minute workouts.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    kettlebell swings
    Turkish getup
    Goblet squat
    Regular squat with overhead press
    Pushups
    Lunges
    Elbow planks/side planks
    Stair running
    Sprint in place

Most of these can be made harder by adding weight to the movement. Mix it up. You don't always have to do so many reps so for many sets. Try tabata style - 20 sec work/10 sec rest, as you get stronger, increase your work period. Or try out a pyramd style. Start with 5 reps, work up to 10-15, then work your way back down.

Have fun with it - you have all the equipment you need!
  • cerealrunner
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, look up the Nike Training Club app. It has 15, 30, and 45 minute workouts, and they can be applied to all fitness levels. I love it so much, even though they're short, they definitely leave me sore the next day!
  • anniebrox
    anniebrox Posts: 23
    Options
    Beachbody has a new program that's like Insanity but only 25 minutes!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    1 minute: jumping jack warm up
    3 minutes: jump rope
    2 minutes: push ups
    4 minutes: burpees
    3 minutes: jump squats
    3 minutes run in place cool down.

excellent - leaving 4 minutes for stretching. I suppose the only thing I would add in there - depending on how strong the OP is - would be either dumbbell rowing or pullups. See how many or either you can do in one minute.
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Workout Trainer by Skimble is an ok app. I am actually looking at some others, too, though. I may check out the Nike one ppl are talking about.
  • Gaviao
    Gaviao Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you for all of the advice. Guess I don't have any more excuses.... :laugh: