I followed 1550 cals for a WHOLE DAY!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ajayner85
    ajayner85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there, congrats!!! If I can make a suggestion to keep you going... don't weigh yourself every single day (weight will fluctuate up and down slightly while on a downward trend!) and always weigh yourself either first thing in the morning or right before you go to bed - pick one time and stick to it all the way through your journey! I say this because I often get discouraged if I was sooo good for two days in a row and put on a pound! It would always make me give up and cheat, because I felt like "what's the point in depriving myself if I GAIN weight??" HOWEVER.... water weight and things like that can be deceiving! If you keep with it, and weigh yourself every 3-4 days, you WILL see the results of your hard work! Good luck!!!! :)
  • maundrelle
    maundrelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! Allow yourself a little leeway to enjoy life as well. Losing weight is a long-term commitment! :)

Congratulations, and baby steps!... I'm on day 5. Wooooo!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say a couple of things about "cheating". Remember, this is a lifestyle change ... and changing our behaviors takes time. You cannot be successful without overcoming some failures along the way. Just don't quit!!!

It's not cheating to have a bit of dessert occasionally. It's a fact of life. We just need to PLAN for it. If you know you are attending Sunday dinner at a friend's house, eat below your target the day before, eat a smaller breakfast, and drink extra water before sitting down to the table. Do NOT be afraid to leave food on your plate. Eat a bite or two or a small portion, leave the rest.

When we deny ourselves, we feel deprived. Over time, it becomes a more and more negative thought in your head. By allowing (and planning) for these "cheats" we can turn that negative into a positive by allowing ourselves to feel good about controlling the situation.

One more thing, be AWARE of every bite you put in your mouth ... and log it in your diary. Be honest. Then, jump back into your program. You'll see that a one-day "failure" has small impact in the long run.

Good Luck on your journey!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!