Thank you!

Options
I'm two stone overweight so I downloaded the C25K app to try and shift some of the weight but as it turns out, I'm EXTREMELY unfit. I couldn't even do ten minutes! I ended up crying when I got home and felt pretty down all day but reading through all of your success stories and your struggles has inspired me to try again.

I guess have to realise that I won't magically transform overnight but I would have given up completely if it hadn't been for all of you (even though we're complete strangers)! Thank you so, so much.

I'm going to try again tomorrow morning and I'll keep trying. I'll get it eventually. :)

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will! Great job on getting out there. Every bit adds up. Soon you'll be out there for an hour and be like "Whoa! Where did that come from?!"
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    *hugs*

dont give up! if you stick with c25k you will see awesome results, even if you need to take some weeks multible times.

you might also want to do some strengthening exercises, it will help with the running.

Best of luck!
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and started C25K in Feb... I did week 1 over 3 weeks and the same for week 2&3&4 it took Agnes... Then bosh! It fell into place. Tonight I ran 5k in 30 mins including up a hill and I am doing the race for life a week Sunday ... I have also smoked for 35 years! So I am UNFIT..... Xxxx we can do this, it is mind over matter x