Orange Juice

Options
CookNLift
CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
Anyone know of a good organic / HFCS free orange juice? Everything I saw in Shop Rite was either Tropicana, Minute Maid, or Tree Ripe - each one had organic or the Trop50s etc but they all had HFCS and tons of sugar/calories.

I miss orange juice and I am looking for a healthy one just so I can enjoy a FEW extra glasses here and there lol.

Replies

• jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I miss OJ too. My family gets to drink it and no one has noticed my jealousy yet but with one less person drinking it I am spending less at the store. The nutritionist at the grocery store said to eat oranges which have less sugar and all the fiber. I guess you could squeeze ur own.
  • april3888
    april3888 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mine is not organic but it is just plain Meijer Orange juice, and the ingredients are: 100% pure and natural orange juice.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I squeeze my own :) I even add grapefruit to add a new twist in flavor.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    orange juice is naturally high in sugar, where are you getting orange juice with hfcs?
    never seen nor heard of it, the Florida juice coalition would be up in arms..
  • CookNLift
    Options
    What exactly is sucrose? I know it's derived from beet/cane sugar but is it anything to avoid?

A few that didn't have HFCS had that.
  • LazySugar
    LazySugar Posts: 12
    Options
    Sucrose is basically just table sugar, it's something to keep an eye on, but you don't have to avoid it outright. That said, we have Florida Natural and "Essential Everyday" (Jewel store brand, might be Albertson's in your area) orange juice in the fridge, and neither have HFCS or sucrose listed. Florida Natural lists Vitamin D and a preservative, but the store brand orange juice just lists orange juice.
  • CookNLift
    Options

"That's what she said" lol

I wanted to buy a juicer but am unsure if it's really worth it since they're so expensive
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

"That's what she said" lol

I wanted to buy a juicer but am unsure if it's really worth it since they're so expensive
    Bro, just squeeze an orange lol. I used to do it all the time when I was fat. Cut an orange in half and squeeze it over a container. Once most of it is out, put the spoon in the middle of it and squeeze and twist it around the spoon, if you like extra pulp, use the spoon the scrape some of it into the container.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a big glass of Tropicana natural OJ every morning, until I started using mfp and realized how sugary it was. Now I just have a glass every other day, diluted with water. The other days I have naturally flavored spring water.