Hi- mid-40's new to app and program

Options
walterm852
walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
Hi
I want to lose and keep off 25-30lbs. I have never used a program like this so I am anxious to learn the ins and outs and could use all the coaching I can get.

Thanks

Replies

• skittlesmom215
    Options
    hi w martin im new here also im 51 and over weight by like 90 pounds, i wqnt to live a haethier lifestyle. nice to see another newbie tammy
  • FlynnC33
    FlynnC33 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new here too and started workouts and am week 2 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Love it and hate it at the same time, but I know it will help me reach my goals. I'm not sure how to use things here as such, but its nice to have other people's support as we go toward our goals of a healthier lifestyle and lose some pounds. I am in my mid 40's and gained about 30 pounds over the last year. What form of exercise do you guys do?
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • Noodlemouse
    Noodlemouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Mid 40s (new to app),

Isn't middle age a killer. Seems I stopped exercising and did not adjust my wine and cake intake accordingly. Anyway, its about time I reversed the trend while its only 30lbs I need to lose.

I found the app easy to use but, as I have no dieting mates, I'm a little short on support. Thus, I'm checking out the forums.

I'm a few pounds lighter already and today, I took the plunge and re-joined the gym. Must remember not to spend all my time in the cafe and jacuzzi.

I wish you all the best. Let me know how you get on.

Love
    Sarah
  • Noodlemouse
    Noodlemouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Flynn,

Thought I'd take the easy route to relative fitness, so I've taken up Salsa and aquarobics (who doesn't like a good splashing). Plus I will continue to tramp around the damp British countryside taking pictures of passing ducks.

I'll let you know if it works. If not, its back to the treadmill set on up!

Love
    Sarah
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm always happy to help anyone who's looking for a friend who would like help with motivation or just someone to chat with. Add me if you like and we can help each other out :)
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP. My experience is that this is a great site and community. We are all constantly learning what is good for each of us here. I am looking to lose about 15lbs, I had a great run for a while but have been on a plateau but looking to get back on track again.

I try my best to be honest and supportive and its great to get the same back. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the new people!! :drinker:

I've only been on her a little over a month and love the interaction and encouragement that my MFP friends provide on a daily basis. Feel free to add me and I'll try to be support for you, as you can never have too many friends!!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm 51. Started in January and am close to goal weight (stated at 176 and this morning at 167 after bopping up a few pounds in the last few days. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm also in my 40s (alright just turned 41 lol) and am learning what the best ways of using this site are. For me, the tracking of my diet and exercise have been quite useful and I've made a few MPF friends that help to motivate me. I did quickly realize though that people have their opinions in the discussion groups and there's almost anything posted so I pick and choose what I read if it's pertinent to what I'm doing. I wish you the best of luck with your journey/new life-style and you may add me as a friend if you wish.

Jessica
  • dship83
    dship83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Walter, I hope all is well man! I have been using this program for about a month and its the best thing I could have done to help me achieve my goals....Just be honest and input EVERYTHING you eat. You will really start to get a better understanding of how much you are eating. its also a nice boost once you input your exercise and see all those extra calories you've earned! Good luck
  • saz2612
    saz2612 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have to be honest, I saw a recent photo of my sisters and sister in laws and they all looked old and fat and I realised - Hey So Do I !!
    I joined a gym 5 weeks ago, but put on weight didn't lose it so now I'm here to really look at my diet and get all the tips and support I can.
    Looking to loose 10 lbs this year and a stone next year - fingers crossed.
    It's great to see my fellow newbies -feel free to add me

Sarah x