p90x/turbofire/something else? should i invest??

Options
so i'm losing the pregnancy lbs and hoping to get a better looking body in terms of firming up and looking toed/more scupte (at the minute I look like lard!I I'm normally quite skinny, 5ft 8 weighing about 9stone and this is my goal weight which I know I will get back down to, I did after my fist daughter!!!
anyway, I've always done cardio at the gym but never really much else, I guess I didn't have to before the kids! so I will still be hitting the gym but I have limited time due to the kiddys again! so will be focusing on cardio really. I am then hoping to do an "at home" workout to help tone me up so have been looking at the beach body programs.
They don't come cheap so want to make sure they are worth it and what I am looking for.
so anyone that is more knowledgeable than me, which is everyone I guess as never done these at home style workouts before, which should I pick?
I'm still only 6 weeks Post partum so going to try 30DS first, but want something that is going to get me REAL results in terms of improving my figure, not looking at weight loss for this, just want one to work on my physique if that makes sense.

so recommendations for these or other programs???

Replies

• NickiPelfrey
    Options
    I have just finished my first round of p90x and really modified on alot of it and didn't eat all that great. I could have gotten awesome results if I would have set my mind to it, but I didn't so I lost 15-19lbs somewhere in that range and now have muscle definition that I did not have before. I have now ordered turbofire and plan to do a turbofire and p90x hybrid. I would definitely recommend p90x though. That being said you only get out of it what you put into it. If you work your butt off for 90 days you will have amazing results and feel 100% better. Hope this helps! Good luck
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    P90X is a great program but if you don't have a lot of time, it can be an issue as most workout are 1 hour long. Chalean Extreme is a great program kinda like P90X that add a lot of resistance training to get a toned body and most workout are only 30 minutes. Turbofire is a good program too from the same trainer of Chalean Extreme, Chalean Johnson, but it different from the other programs as it most like a dance/cardio program.

If time is really an issue, you should check out new Beachbody program Focus T25. $119.85 for the complete program and the workouts are only 25 minutes each. You can also buy the Challenge pack for 180$ which included a 30 Day supply of Shakeology.
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    I'm a coach btw so if you have any questions about any Beachbody products, i can answer them. Let me know if you need any help
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Turbo Fire, of course like the poster before me its a dance/cardio. I really enjoyed it. I would take what you enjoy doing and what your goals are because if you don't enjoy the program its going to be tough. I've not done the Chaleane Extreme program, but I've heard great things about it.
  • Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up 6 week 6 pack and have definitely seen results. The muffin top I had when I started is almost completely gone! 9.99 at Target!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I purchased Supreme 90, which is similar to P90x but most workouts are 30-40 minutes long and it only cost $30 on amazon. I thought it was definitely a challenging workout.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If cost is an issue, then there are plenty of options to buy secondhand. For example, I got my brand new copy of Insanity off of Craigslist (the seller and I met at the public library, very safe), and my copy of Chalean Extreme was bought used via Amazon.

As others here have said, it really just depends on what your goals are. Best of luck!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Equipment > DVDs. For the price of any one of these Beachbody programs you can buy smaller home-oriented pieces of equipment that, once you learn how to use it properly, will get you even better results and take you beyond the 60/90 days of a Beachbody program, into a lifestyle.
  • emmamc252
    emmamc252 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my goal is to use a home workout program to get toned/develop muscle definition particually arms, top of thighs and of course my mummy tummy.
    as I said, I do cardio anyway and am not looking for this to help lose weight, if that happens then fine but I want it to tone me up/build muscle I guess. Never really had a goal like this before as never had wobbly bits like now, even when I am skinny they still there and I want to get "tighter" I hope that makes sense.
  • emmamc252
    emmamc252 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    also looking at lauren brooks kettle bell dvds.
    any thoughts???
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I 100% recommend investing in P90X, especially for toning. With P90X, you get some strength training days and you get some cardio days. The Classic Version of the program is probably perfect for what you are looking for.. I have done it twice solo and am doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid now and I really can't give enough praise to the program. The only thing is, since you have little ones, it can be difficult to fit in about an hour to an hour an a half per day. I still do think P90X is the absolute best program out there (IMO), nothing has even come close to the program.

Someone also mentioned 6WK 6 PK by Jillian and I do agree, it's perfect for toning. However, I find it really only toned by tummy area (not that I am complaining LOL).
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Sandbags or kettlebells, but if you go with kettlebells then be sure to get a session with an RKC trainer first. A video cannot teach you the intricacies of proper form.
  • LJP1982
    LJP1982 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For max results with little time, I'd go ChaLEAN Extreme. it's 3 days a week of lifting heavy (or using high resistance bands which are included with the program) and 2 days of cardio... you can skip those if you're taking care of the cardio in the gym....