Most embarrassing moment

Options
Just recently experienced my most embarrassing moment last week. I was involved in a car accident on the 15th which totaled my saturn vue. So had to get a rental car for few days and I could not fit behind the wheel nor did the seatbelt fit of most of the ones that I wanted. I ended up with a Tahoe that was too high for me and barely could reach the pedals because seat all the way back. I was SOOOO embarrassed. I did not want to go through that ever again. However, I went car shopping and came across the same situations, but luckily I found a car that fit me and got a seatbelt extender. Guess what? Its a Dodge Charger and it is a smoking hot car...now I want the smoking body to go with it.
I am 5'4" and 516 pounds. I decided then that, it was time to do something about my weight and came across this site through google search.
I am a single mother of 2 children, son 13 and daughter 7. Live in San Diego, Ca.
Anyone out there ever have the same experience?

Replies

• 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You have great motivation with your cool car! And do it for your kids, they deserve to have a mom be active with them! It seems most of us have that ah ha moment when we truly realize we have to do something to become healthier.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I've found support goes a long way, especially on here, because everyone knows and understands what you are going through.
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great choice! I have an Avenger myself. I love Chargers and Challengers even more, but the gas mileage got me. I've driven a few chargers and I gotta say that is one hot car! Next comes the hot bod to go with it! You can totally do it!

I am always looking for new friends, add me if you want. :)
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you are ok!! I hate those embarrassing moments!! I am happy for you that you are turning it into a positive thing!!

You will get a lot of great tips here and people are very helpful! Welcome! Hope to get to know you better!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your accident, but glad that you took the bull by the horns and chose to make a change! Best wishes for your success in this journey!!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    SWEET RIDE!!! Good Luck and just stay strong and focused. You can do this!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mine was I bought new pants to bring to my brother's graduation. I didn't try them on first, because they were the same size that I *thought* I was wearing at the time. Turns out I must have stretched mine out a lot since they were old. I didn't bring any other clothes, so I had to wear the pants that pretty much didn't fit me allll day. It was horrible - not only was I quite obviously spilling out of them, I kept having to go to the bathroom to undo the button for a while so I could breathe.

I'm glad you've made the first step and joined on here! The decision to change your life is a tough one to make, and the journey is even harder, but so rewarding. Just remember that it will get easier the more you do and the more you learn. Read the forums on here religiously, there is some great advice being offered every day. And the success stories are so motivating. Good luck on your journey!