Second go at things

Options
I used to have an account here, and I found that logging my food was becoming a pain in the rear. I was working like 70 hours a week and eating when I could. Then I'd forget to log and feel bad. It was a vicious cycle that I was trying to get out of. But I realized I missed the structure. I missed the people I had as friends on here, who I probably won't find again which is so sad.

In about two weeks I'm going to start cosmetology school, which means I'm going to be going to school full time and working full time, which is going to be super stressful. I'm not going to have as much time to work out as I'd like so I've gotta get a lot more strict with what I eat, which is why I'm signing up again.

Really I'm just looking for supportive friends. I love when you have people to cheer on that cheer back because there's nothing more motivational. Also if anyone has gone to cosmetology school, advice is always appreciated.

Replies

• jesuison
    jesuison Posts: 34
    Options
    I am here! I work full time and go to school full time as well, so I feel your pain. I have been doing it for 3.5 years now. At times, it has been beyond stressful and very easy to give up. But, there are moments of clarity where you realize you can do it. Everyone's schedules are different, but I guess after 3.5 years of doing both school and work, I have found a way to make time to go to the gym. It has not been easy, but manageable... most of the time. Granted my social life has suffered some, but I am kinda glad to be away from people for a while so I can really get into it.

Anyway, I am here for extra pushes! :)
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    You can do it if you manage your time. Exercise will give you the energy to do both!

I just got back last week after away a couple of years. I track my exercises but not my food so I know what your talking about.
  • Kguide
    Kguide Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm starting a new today as well.
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    I agree!! Having support makes all the difference! Add me if you want :)
  • dizzyupdreams
    dizzyupdreams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am here! I work full time and go to school full time as well, so I feel your pain. I have been doing it for 3.5 years now. At times, it has been beyond stressful and very easy to give up. But, there are moments of clarity where you realize you can do it. Everyone's schedules are different, but I guess after 3.5 years of doing both school and work, I have found a way to make time to go to the gym. It has not been easy, but manageable... most of the time. Granted my social life has suffered some, but I am kinda glad to be away from people for a while so I can really get into it.

Anyway, I am here for extra pushes! :)

Yeah I'm going to school from 9-4 and then work from 5-12, so it's just gonna be an adjustment. After I get used to it I'll try to make it manageable, but I'm going in with low expectations haha. But that's what the weekends are for.