Best Work Out DVD's?

Options
About a week ago, i posted my success story with Power 90 (down 31lbs / 25 inches overall - photo here http://imgur.com/e6zbuN3)

I have continued on with Power 90, but as anyone who's done it before knows, while it's great, it gets boring after a while.

Just looking for some tips on what at home DVD's work best for everyone.

Replies

• jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    About a week ago, i posted my success story with Power 90 (down 31lbs / 25 inches overall - photo here http://imgur.com/e6zbuN3)

I have continued on with Power 90, but as anyone who's done it before knows, while it's great, it gets boring after a while.

Just looking for some tips on what at home DVD's work best for everyone.

You could try out p90x, insanity, turbo fire, chalean extreme, jillian michaels, ripped in 60. You'll have success with any of them provided you keep eating healthy.

I believe Shaun T just came out with a new 25 minute a day program called T25.
  • emh0516
    emh0516 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks!
  • susanr613
    susanr613 Posts: 22
    Options
    Both Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper have strength training DVDs.
  • MrsEdge928
    MrsEdge928 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started no more trouble zones and liking it a lot. I was doin 30 shred and got bored no more trouble zones is a lot more challenging. :-)
  • emh0516
    Options
    I just started no more trouble zones and liking it a lot. I was doin 30 shred and got bored no more trouble zones is a lot more challenging. :-)

Thanks I think I will get that, and 30DS. Appreciate the tip!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ive done P90X, Turbo Fire, Chalene Extreme, Les Mills Pump, LM Combat and last week I completed Insanity! I did P90X after my first son was born (he is now 7). It was quite long but did the trick at the time:)
    I loved Turbo Fire, there is no trainer in this world as motivating and inspiring as Chalene Johnson.
    I did TF and Chalene Ex after the birth of my daughter (she is now 5).
    I bought Insanity after my son Ben was born (he is now 2) and i quit after a week, it was SO hard and i had no core strength or stamina WHAT SO EVER at that time. I went to Les Mills Pump and that quickly helped me gain strength in my core and the workouts were long enough and the combo of low weight and lots of reps made you sweat a ton:) I segwayed into Combat from there which to this day is MY ALL TIME FAV workout. Tightened my core and toned my shoulders and the trainers and music were AWESOME!
    As I said, I did complete Insanity, got AMAZING results, but I probably wouldnt go back to it - it was tough. a GOOD challenge.
    I just bought T25 as the previous commenter mentioned is new. Its a game changer for fitness - 25 min per day only 5 days per week. It also comes with a super simple nutriitonal guide to follow.
    Honestly, after Insanity it feels like I am taking a break, but it did leave a pool of sweat on my floor this AM:)
    Do you have some specific goals? Happy to answer any questions.
  • emh0516
    Options
    Ive done P90X, Turbo Fire, Chalene Extreme, Les Mills Pump, LM Combat and last week I completed Insanity! I did P90X after my first son was born (he is now 7). It was quite long but did the trick at the time:)
    I loved Turbo Fire, there is no trainer in this world as motivating and inspiring as Chalene Johnson.
    I did TF and Chalene Ex after the birth of my daughter (she is now 5).
    I bought Insanity after my son Ben was born (he is now 2) and i quit after a week, it was SO hard and i had no core strength or stamina WHAT SO EVER at that time. I went to Les Mills Pump and that quickly helped me gain strength in my core and the workouts were long enough and the combo of low weight and lots of reps made you sweat a ton:) I segwayed into Combat from there which to this day is MY ALL TIME FAV workout. Tightened my core and toned my shoulders and the trainers and music were AWESOME!
    As I said, I did complete Insanity, got AMAZING results, but I probably wouldnt go back to it - it was tough. a GOOD challenge.
    I just bought T25 as the previous commenter mentioned is new. Its a game changer for fitness - 25 min per day only 5 days per week. It also comes with a super simple nutriitonal guide to follow.
    Honestly, after Insanity it feels like I am taking a break, but it did leave a pool of sweat on my floor this AM:)
    Do you have some specific goals? Happy to answer any questions.

wow! Congrats on all of your effort and hard work. Maybe T25 is the way for me to go. I have only (well I suppose I should say I CHOOSE to have only) about 40 minutes in the morning for my work outs. T25 sounds great, and I'll definitely read up on it.

As far as my goals go, I started on March 18th hoping to lose 50lbs by January 1st with a mini goal of 30lbs by the end of Sept. Now that I am down 34lbs in just over 3 months, I am hoping to lose 16 more by the end of September to get to my UGW. I feel like I'm on the right track and should meet that goal if I continue my calorie counting, and working out 5-6 days a week.

Thank you for your help!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!