Losing Motivation :(

Options
Ugh.. Im completey slacking and getting off track. I gained 1/2 a lb back from last weigh in and it's just bringing me down for some reason. :frown:

How do you kick yourself in the pants and get back on track?

Replies

• traininglady911
    traininglady911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    think back to when you were losing - you KNOW you can do it! I have also been slacking and today have decided to get back on track. You can too.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you something? How do you think those of us who lost so much weight did it? We didn't rely on motivation every day. We have to get up, dust off and do it anyway, no matter if motivation is there or not. Motivation is just what get's us started. Habit is what keeps us going. Do you think I'd like to get up and really workout to day? I would rather go and eat taco bell then cook dinner and workout, I'd rather sit on my butt all day and crochet but that isn't going to get me to what I want the most in life, and what I want the most is a rock hard body so screw motivation, it's about desire now.
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sit back, in a quiet place, nothing to bother you.....think about your "why". Why did you start getting health?
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly under motivated but I PUSH through everyday whether I feel like it or not , at this point unless I'm sick as heck I'm doing this ;) stay strong whether your motivated or not what ever you are doing drop it and get through your workout for the day !! Don't let food control you ...you will feel AWESOME just knowing you pushed through it ;) small goals become bigger goals !! Stay positive
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you something? How do you think those of us who lost so much weight did it? We didn't rely on motivation every day. We have to get up, dust off and do it anyway, no matter if motivation is there or not. Motivation is just what get's us started. Habit is what keeps us going. Do you think I'd like to get up and really workout to day? I would rather go and eat taco bell then cook dinner and workout, I'd rather sit on my butt all day and crochet but that isn't going to get me to what I want the most in life, and what I want the most is a rock hard body so screw motivation, it's about desire now.

My thoughts exactly, people need to realize a the end of the day it is down to them and them alone. Nobody can make them exercise or eat right. Friends can motivate all they want, but if you as a personal decide that you cannot be bothered, all that motivation is a waste of time.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    I should add , I have three toddlers 4,3,2 yrs old I chase around allll day , so by the time my workout comes after lunch ( their nap time) the last thing I want to does workout , my back hurts and legs are tired and my nerves ARE SHOT !! Lol and ..my bed looks sooo freaking awesome at this time but I keep pushing play on my INSANITY DVD...you can do this :)
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options

My thoughts exactly, people need to realize a the end of the day it is down to them and them alone. Nobody can make them exercise or eat right. Friends can motivate all they want, but if you as a personal decide that you cannot be bothered, all that motivation is a waste of time.

Totally !!!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I always keep my goal in the forefront of my mind. I *try to* never forget what I once looked and felt like, and how I know I can get there again.

If it helps, and if you've ever been at your goal weight in the past and have a picture, make several copies and post them all over. On your bathroom mirror, on your fridge, on your car dashboard, on top of your TV...and make it a screen saver for your phone and computer! :flowerforyou:
  • mittens71671
    Options
    That's one of the best posts I've read!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    In the end you must convince yourself and believe strongly that you can reach your goals. That you yourself have the power and that it isn' t hopeless. Think of the past times in which you've done it. Do what you did then. Good luck!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to like me for this - but 1/2 pound???? I just was "off program" for three months due to surgery and a difficult recovery and gained 18 pounds. I just got back on the bandwagon yesterday.

Remember where you were when you started, and what got you to want to start on this journey in the first place. I was going to an event at my daughter's school and could hardly walk to the door - had to sit on the floor once inside and people had to climb over me to get in. I had the nerve to tell the staff it was their fault for having us park in the back and make that long walk.

I was also at a point where I was going to have to start using the scooters in the grocery stores because I couldn't walk that far - my back hurt from all the extra weight I was carrying.

Be determined to get back on track, stop the negative self talk, and realize you are human - you will stumble. It isn't a matter of "if" but "when". And stumbling doesn't make you a bad person. It doesn't mean you have no willpower. It doesn't mean anything other than you stumbled, and the sooner you dust yourself off and say, "Okay - back on track", the better you'll be.

Determination/movivation comes from within. It's not something that can be bottled or harnessed from other sources - but OMG - if it could, it would be worth a fortune!! Know where you want to be and have the dedication to get there - you can do it!!!
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Get up and dust your shoulders off girl. We all get down... i myself can have such down days it would send the saddest emo kid running for brighter days.

Don't let a little gain blow your flow. Think of how far you've come and remember that a little fluctuation is normal.

You'll get there.

Tess
  • Godblessedmom
    Godblessedmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Take out a picture of your highest weight. Look at it. What can you do better now than at the time of the picture? Do you remember what you felt like then? What part of your routine is getting you down? What can we do to change it? I look at myself and see how more active I am now for my kids. I also went down a waterslide with my kids this weekend. I would have not done that 30lbs ago. One day at a time, we all make mistakes. I ate to much this weekend and had a couple extra cocktails, but this week I am hitting it hard and making up for it. Keep trying and don't let the small gain get you down!!!