How long? Those of you who have had positive results??

Options
How long did it take until you start seeing positive results?

Been eating really well and exercising at least 4 if not 5 times a week for a while now and only seeing the slightest fluctuation in weight and that's up and down in weight not just down. Just wondering how long it took others to see positive results. Any advice??

Replies

• kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we can look and see if we can make suggestions
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Patience...I've been at this for 9 months +. It isn't linear...you have weeks where you lose nothing...then you'll have a big loss...then nothing...then slight increase, etc. It's most definitely not linear and requires patience. You didn't put it on over night and your'e not going to take it off overnight.

If it's been 5 weeks an you haven't lost anything though...1) you're not really at a deficit and you're either underestimating intake (likely) and/or overestimating burn (also quite likely) or 2) you have a medical condition, an allergy, a vitamin deficiency, a medication or something medically interfering with your ability to lose weight. While it is somewhat true that "we're all different"....we're not all that different and this works barring medical conditions.
  • BayleighPaws
    BayleighPaws Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What kind of positive results are you looking to see? Weight or size loss?

For me, I notice results immediately, just not necessarily appearance wise. I notice how I feel better emotionally and how my body feels physically better when it's fueled properly and has proper activity! Seriously, it sounds cheesy, but its the best way to measure actual results! Inches and weight may not move for a few weeks, but you can notice other results almost right away
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Your other 2-3 days might be negating the good days. I'd try to eat within your calories 6 days a week at least!
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight after a week. You might want to share your diary to get more feedback. I'm also in the obese category so my weight loss may be greater than yours.
  • chillau
    chillau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for one year now - I started off strong with logging my food because I was unable to exercise after a surgery. I dropped 10 lbs within 4 months. I'm currently down 21 lbs and the last 11 came off only with the addition of exercise. I'm a very clean eater by my nature, so for me, it truly came down to portion control. For 2 years, I think I honestly matched the intake that my 6'0", 220 lb husband was eating. That made my waistline go up and the scale reached a number that was the highest it had ever read! It was a wake up call for sure and I started working my way back to a healthy weight.

Patience is key, but so difficult sometimes. As others said, it will be a process - some weeks the scale goes up, sometimes it goes down and sometimes it stays the same. Keep working at it!