Hungry on Insanity, not enough calories?

Options
Hey,

I worked out my calorie intake using the nutrition guide, it came out as rougly 1800.
I am really determined to loose weight as I've been a big girl for 25years and I've had it. I want some confidence and I want to enjoy life. So I started insanity. I'm currently on day 9 (woo! yay :D)....with no results as of yet (boo! lol)

I am rougly eating that amount, maybe 100-200 less than 1800calories. As I tend to get put off when no one else is eating and with a lot of the food we eat I don't know how many calories it is, so just use the calorie counter to make an educated guess (lol)

Recently I've been feeling insanly hungry around 11pm-midnight. I am stopping myself from eating at this time as I know I will just stuff myself with junk. Does this have something to do with not eating enough calories or is this just a normal thing?

I used to get hungry at this time before, but back then I was eating less calories and eating dinner at least 3-4hours earlier than I eat now

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I usually get pretty hungry around then too if I worked out in the morning. I drink a warm glass of milk. Helps me sleep and milk always fills me up.
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Oooh, thats a good idea.
    I should try it tonight :D
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I know when I was doing Insanity I started starving around day 5... I upped my protein intake, and it seemed to correct itself.
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    More slimfast, lentils, quorn etc.?
  • jenniball91
    Options
    When I was doing Insanity I did 1900 calories a day and my metabolism was raging. Make sure you do the 5 meals a day (instead of just 3), or split them up even more (make 3 or 4 smaller snacks). Make sure you keep you're not skimping on protein; it helps curb hunger. Also, I've noticed for myself that if I am actually drinking my eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day, I'm not as hungry. So drink plenty of water.

I used to be terrible about late-night eating, but over time I've trained my body to know that I don't eat after 6:30. It does take time but if you make the change gradually you'll find that soon you'll no longer be starving in the middle of the night.

Best of luck!
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Ahh. I've been having a slimfast after my workout, but thats the only extra meal I've been having.
    I should start having something before dinner maybe. I sometimes have a banana, but I suppose that isn't enough?