1 week in....

Options
Hi- I am a week into using this program and think it is great...would love to see fat just melting off but I realize that would not be good. I have been exercising regularly for years, but have not made much improvement with my weight. I know part of this is because I have PCOS. I firgured I should take a hard look at what I am eating to see if that helps...it is pretty shocking to see how many calories are in certain foods....

Replies

• RHakim
    RHakim Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, i know just how you feel!! i have PCO as well, and stopped taking the pill due to a medical condition.. i haven't been exercising much as opposed to you but i did try many things..
    i joined about a week ago as well and am as astonished as you at how much we just stuff into ourselves. even the so called "light" foods arent that light huh??
    Good luck to everyone batteling the fat!! and to a healthier YOU to all :)
  • aggglee
    aggglee Posts: 3
    Options
    From what I've heard PCOS can cause high insulin resistance. Have you ever tried foods low on the glycemic index similar to the way a strict diabetic would eat? I do know it is very hard to lose weight with PCOS and one the few effective treatments is to "lose weight". Real catch 22. But it's not impossible. All of us with different medical conditions may feel frustrated but I refuse to feel hopeless anymore.
  • I think what I am learning is that all calories are not the same..for people like us...we cant eat 1500 calories of baked potatoes and lose weight..it has to be low GI foods. I am on metformin also and then I am also trying byetta...I hear of people having great sucess with that but I am not seeing anything so far. I am off the pill and actually seem to be cycling on my own.....so maybe something is working..
    thanks for the reply!

Carrie
  • Alicia...I have read and tried the low
    GI foods...I just need to be more careful to check on that...it is so hard though because so many foods that are "good for you" have a high GI. You are right about the catch 22...it isso frustrating..everytime I see an apple shaped girl on the Biggest Loser that isn't losing weight I say she has PCOS and sure enough....by the end they finally figure it out...