NSV....??

Options
I finally got the meaning of NSV!! I lost a total of 5 lbs since April 4th. 3 were before MfP, and 2 (so far) since joining 1week ago. I ran into a friend earlier and I told her I lost 5 lbs. She looked at me and said "is that all you lost"? I thought it might have been a insult. Until I realized, it MUST be a NSV! I have passed by the mirror several times today, and I have to take a step back to look! I seriously see a huge difference already! And a bigger difference then 5 lbs! Is this possible?

Replies

• christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Please can you tell me what "NSV" means??
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    The scale does not tell the whole story... Congratulations on your NSV!! :flowerforyou:
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It's totally possible. Weight can drop from anywhere, so luckily yours is coming off some noticeable places! You might also be toning up if you're exercising, which can help the effect but won't affect your weight.
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    thanks for explaining that guys,,, makes sense now lol
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    thanks for explaining that guys,,, makes sense now lol

We are "Here to Help."
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!!!!!!! I was like WTH is NSV lmao I was googling and everything hahaha :laugh:
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    LOL, I also did not know what NSV stood for until this thread, was trying to figure it out for the life of me!

Thank you for enlightening me.

I'm totally experiencing NSV's. People at my gym are starting to notice my weight loss. What kills me is that my family hasn't seen me yet, lol. I won't be seeing my parents until Mother's Day weekend and until then I'm not stopping... so I'm hoping to shock the pants off them and then I'll have yet another "NSV".

My other family members I'll be seeing in June on Father's Day so that should be interesting as well. lol.

Emmalee :smile:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    LOL, I also did not know what NSV stood for until this thread, was trying to figure it out for the life of me!

Thank you for enlightening me.

I'm totally experiencing NSV's. People at my gym are starting to notice my weight loss. What kills me is that my family hasn't seen me yet, lol. I won't be seeing my parents until Mother's Day weekend and until then I'm not stopping... so I'm hoping to shock the pants off them and then I'll have yet another "NSV".

My other family members I'll be seeing in June on Father's Day so that should be interesting as well. lol.

Emmalee :smile:

I know how you feel about the surprising reactions ahead...it will be great fun. I met with a friend yesterday that I hadn't seen in over a year and she was floored with my 60+ lb. loss. And some of my family members haven't seen me since my loss either, so I'm looking forward to that visit in a little bit. Keep up the excellent work.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the surprising reactions ahead...it will be great fun. I met with a friend yesterday that I hadn't seen in over a year and she was floored with my 60+ lb. loss. And some of my family members haven't seen me since my loss either, so I'm looking forward to that visit in a little bit. Keep up the excellent work.
    [/quote]

After I had lost the bulk of my weight, I overheard my brother tell a cousin that he hadn't recognized me the first time he saw me, and actually had to hear my voice to realize it was me.......
    Surprise reactions are the very best kind!
    Kaye
  • DonnieFoozball
    DonnieFoozball Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This thread succeeds where Google failed, well kinda. Since I actually got back here (to MFP) via Google!

Thanks for the explanation!
  • gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I went to an Agriculture Field day and ran into someone who I know and he could not remember my name. Afterwards I clicked that he probably did not totally recognise me so I felt a little flattered at that.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this myself but didn't ask because I didn't want to look like a dumb *kitten* and I figured I wasn't the only one wondering. The question will come up eventually and there it is lol. Mystery solved.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!