Favorite Protein Shake?

Options
I want to try a new kind of protein shake. What is the best brand? What do people on here drink?

Replies

• Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've been trying a few different types recently. Some are just protein, others are labeled a Meal Replacement Shake, because they also include vitamins and sometime fiber.

For straight out protein, the best I found was a soy protein from Whole Foods. Chocolate, about $12 for the canister. I mixed it with skim milk (only 6 oz) in my magic bullet blender and it tasted like cake batter - in a totally yummy way.

Others I have tried don't blend as well and often have lumps. I've learned to chew through them, but really wish they weren't there.

For MRS, the best I have found for the price is at Aldi's. They sell a four pack of 11 oz bottles for around $3.50. I love that they are Grab and Go from the fridge, but there are some powders around with a bit more protein and fiber. Read the labels.

The biggest thing I have learned is that everyone's taste is personal. It's a good idea to get recommendations here, but don't buy a case of it until you taste it for yourself.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have an herbalife dutch chocolate and protein shake everyday. So far I like them the best due to taste. Healthy and a tasty treat for breakfast. Can add banana to get that classic chocolate banana flavor.
  • nywoman69
    nywoman69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Milk chocolate flavor, has most protein and least sugar of all that I've seen. tastes good just with water, but I like it with unsweetened Almond milk just for extra flavor.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use trutein banana cream currently....but Im gonna buy the peanut butter one soon!
  • caroalonzo
    Options
    ISOPURE ZERO CARB
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Drink or eat, whichever way you like it, Herbalife Berry is my favourite with extra protein for recovery or pre-workout, chuck in any fruits, banana, apple, pear, peach, mango, or veggies - I also make it with broccoli, carrot, celery, comes out just awesome!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    mts whey chocolate

cellucor cinnamon swirl

iforce red velvet cake
  • mkocol
    mkocol Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Visalus - Body By Vi - and it's free :)
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    where can I buy Cellucor cinnamon swirl? Is it in stores or only online?
  • sarahmarc
    sarahmarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Isagenix vanilla meal replacement... 24g protein, all natural and delicious when blended with frozen fruit, water or milk:)
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    , I use Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla, 1 scoop and mix in 1/4c Almond Milk, 2c Spinach or Kale, 1 Banana, 1tbsp Natural Peanut Butter, 1tbsp Chia Seeds and 2c ice.
    Or Vanilla Protein Powder with 1 packet plain oatmeal, 1 banana, 1tbsp Natural Peanut Butter, 1tbsp Honey, 1tbsp Chia Seeds, 1/4c Skim Milk and 2c ice
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like Syntrax Nectar and Matrix protein shakes. They come in all kinds of flavors and mix well with just a spoon. I mix with almond milk or just plain water. My favorites are Apple Ectasy and Strawberry crème.
  • gege0404
    gege0404 Posts: 17
    Options
    Trutein protein powder is the BOMB! All flavors are yummy...banana cream, chocolate truffles and peach mango are ones I have tried so far. Can't go wrong with this one. It is a casein, egg white and whey blend.