No more soda!

Options
Hi there guys! I need some advice on how I can quit drinking soda, I feel like I drink too much! I´ve tried before, by drinking water instead but only lasted a few days.
Any advice on how I can do it? I gotta improve my selfcontrol I guess, but how?
Thanks!

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I suppose if you just stop buying them they won't be there to drink and you'll have to make a conscious effort to get one.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    dont buy any more
    have bottled water or a pitcher of water in fridge
    and iceed tea
  • ValJaramillo
    Options
    Good idea! but one of my problems (forgot to mention, sorry) is that my family drinks it a lot too, so there's ALWAYS soda in the house :/ and they aren't willing to stop drinking it. Thanks for the advice! I'll se if I can convince them!
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Iced tea is great but the sugary kinds might as well be soda. You could try seltzer water if you miss the fizziness. But like others have said, don't buy them anymore and they won't be there to drink.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Why not use soda as a reward? If you can do it in moderation. So say you walked 30mins why that's 6oz of soda or replace with diet or calorie free flavored carbonated water.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Banning things makes you want them more. So you have a taste for soda... it's a fast acting carb, it's highly portable, and it's liquid calories which is definitely a double edged sword. Let yourself have some after some long cardio when you're not as likely to be keen on solid food but still need to put the carbs back. Get a not as small bottle and slowly drain it to max out the boredom factor.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If you are like me quitting soda will very hard. I switched to diet soda instead.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I like club soda with lemon juice. Maybe that would work or make your own fizzy drink with club soda and some juice for flavouring...better sugars to consume.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    An old trick to quit smoking may help! Wear a hair band or rubber band around your wrist. When you get a soda craving, snap it on your wrist. I learned that as a kid and it's helped me every now and then break habits. :)
  • salt160
    salt160 Posts: 44
    Options
    If you really do not want to drink it any more. Good for you. It takes a while for your body to adjust and not have cravings. If you can stick it out then you will have accomplished two things. Quitting the consumption of garbage, and achieving a new level of self control. It only gets better from there.
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Club soda or seltzer water with vanilla extract and stevia sweetener! 0 calorie cream soda! You can also buy different extracts to make different flavored sodas! We make 1 liter at a time, because they lose their fizziness after a day.