Failed weight loss

Options
I started my fitness program June 1. I have lost inches and lost 0 lbs.
I eat the calories recommended bt MFP, I rn every other day and strength train.
Any advice to shred lbs?

Replies

• amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Give it more time. At least 6 weeks.:smile:
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness program June 1. I have lost inches and lost 0 lbs.
    I eat the calories recommended bt MFP, I rn every other day and strength train.
    Any advice to shred lbs?

If you have lost inches then you have lost something!! Don't let the scale be the only indicator of your progress.....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The scale measures fat, muscle, water, food in your gut, your skeleton, etc etc. If you're doing strength training you will retain some water as your muscles repair. This is only temporary and the loss of inches means fat is coming off. You will see it on the scale over time, so be patient and keep up the good work.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Give it more time! Sometimes it takes awhile! And I had a look at ur profile to try and look at your food diary and noticed we both live in the Rio Grande Valley! :D lol
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a little blunt. How has your weight loss failed? Are you dead? You have a lifetime to work on your health how did you fail in Less than a month. Btw yeah rio grande valley always will be home.

Remember exercise equals inflammation
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The only way you fail is if you quit.

Also, why would you rather lose the scale # over inches? especially with the scale being unreliable due to food intake, water retention, etc? I mean, really...who would rather lose 10-20lbs on the scale and stay the same size? I'd rather lose 1-3 sizes and 0lbs any day of the week.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    :huh: You lost inches - which is a visible indicator of success but you think you failed because of a number on the scale?! Unless you decide to tattoo your weight on your forehead the inches are a much better indicator of success.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters. Don't give up. In the beginning, for a lot of us, it was ALL about the scale. Once you've been at this longer, you will most likely understand that there are many measures of success. The scale is one, and it is unreliable. I recently had a co-worker who hasn't seen me for a few weeks how much more I've lost since school got out. The answer? Nothing. Toning, toning, toning!!!
  • Chrystal3226
    Options
    If you are losing inches than you are essentially doing the right thing, it is just taking time to reflect in your pounds. Remember muscle weighs more than fat :)
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and sound advice. I just thought by now after all the effort there would had been some weight loss.
    Of course I will keep at it I want to eventually lose 50 lbs. I just have to be patient and that I am usually not.

Shout out to the RGV. ;-)