Breakfast Suggestions

Options
RoyalMoose11
RoyalMoose11 Posts: 211 Member
Looking for some breakfast suggestions. For the longest time I didn't eat breakfast in the morning and now I'm doing it daily. Looking to mix up my morning routine some to avoid burn out. My diary is open if you'd like to see my history. Thanks.

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I like some oatmeal with protein powder. I'll fry up an egg or two if I want more than that. Frozen breakfast sandwiches and breakfast bowls are good too.
  • jmspck1982
    Options
    I usually have 1-2 poached eggs on whole wheat thin bagels or Greek Yogurt with Raspberries. I've been drinking Almond Milk which goes really well with any cereal.
  • RoyalMoose11
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses. I have some steel cut oats but have made them terribly twice so far and they have tasted like glue. Need to figure them out.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses. I have some steel cut oats but have made them terribly twice so far and they have tasted like glue. Need to figure them out.

I'm lazy. I use packets of Quaker instant oatmeal and mix with about a third cup of milk. The fruit & cream ones are tasty.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    My go-to selections are peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat toast; vanilla yogurt with cinnamon; yogurt with fruit; plain fruit; or poached eggs. Breakfast has easily become my favorite meal! It's the meal I really try not to eat out of a box/can/etc. And it's great you're eating breakfast again! :happy:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    For my first breakfast I like a slice of homemade baked oatmeal (this stuff is great because you make a batch on the weekend and eat it all week - good hot or cold and easy as a to-go meal) and a bowl of greek yogurt with fruit (plus coffee, of course).

For my second breakfast I usually go for a couple of eggs (poached, scrambled with cheese, in a veggie omelette, over sauteed mushrooms and spinach...so many possibilities!), ham or bacon, and some toast or pancakes, maybe some more fruit.

I love breakfast. :love:

(Baked oatmeal, in case you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cmeirun/view/baked-oatmeal-or-my-quest-for-world-domination-via-baked-goods-521738)
  • blissfullah
    Options
    My favorite! Gluten, flour and sugar free pancakes! All you do is mash up a banana and mix in an egg. (Sometimes I add a bit of oats or cinnamon!) Then cook just like you would regular pancakes!
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My standbys-
    Bagel thin, light cream cheese, and a fruit
    Egg white French toast topped with fruit.- found some great 65 calorie 9 grain bread- so I usually have 2 slices
    Oatmeal
    Egg white omelet with ham or sausage, peppers, mushrooms, or whatever veggies I have on hand
    Cottage cheese with light yogurt mixed in.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I have a small rice cooker that makes oats easy.
    I soak them the night before, add about 1/2 cup raisins and a whole diced apple.
    Hit the button and 20 minutes later I have four 1-cup servings.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    For my first breakfast I like a slice of homemade baked oatmeal (this stuff is great because you make a batch on the weekend and eat it all week - good hot or cold and easy as a to-go meal) and a bowl of greek yogurt with fruit (plus coffee, of course).

For my second breakfast I usually go for a couple of eggs (poached, scrambled with cheese, in a veggie omelette, over sauteed mushrooms and spinach...so many possibilities!), ham or bacon, and some toast or pancakes, maybe some more fruit.

(Baked oatmeal, in case you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cmeirun/view/baked-oatmeal-or-my-quest-for-world-domination-via-baked-goods-521738)

..... Slice of oatmeal? Hm.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

..... Slice of oatmeal? Hm.

No, seriously, it's the bomb.
  • RoyalMoose11
    Options
    THis is all great. SInce joining MFP I've been eating healthier and I think more (instead of skipping breakfast, not-so-good lunch, decent dinner I do a good all-three-meal days). MFP has my goal around 2400 and I average about 1500. I'm not sure if I need to bump my calories especially with the amount of working out I've also been doing as of late (Insanity daily, running three days a week, and something active on the non-running days). I've lost 7 pounds so far so I thought I'd stick to this average but I'm not sure if it's the right move long term. I guess feedback on my diary is a good summation here if you care to read through.

These are all great. I'm making a list for grocery shopping this weekend and I appreciate this.
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I need to eat a really big breakfast or my blood sugar tanks and I binge. So I usually have two pieces of wheat toast with peanut butter, an egg, a piece of fruit, coffee and a few glasses of water. I also eat a morning snack :) I eat a lot :blushing:
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I usually need something easy and fast so I make a shake at night and take it to work for breakfast the next morning. Like tomorrow, I am having a shake that consists of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, spinach, frozen mango chunks, and a banana. I drink it at my desk in the morning at work.
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    overnight oats are amazing. i just use vaniella greek yogurt, oats and whatever fruit i can find, sometimes i also add apple sauce.

i sucked at traditional oats for ages, then i started using the stove instead of the micro wave.
    makes a world of difference!
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually make overnight oatmeal
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

or chia breakfast pudding
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meal-ideas/40-easy-recipes-under-400-calories

These are quick make aheads I can have ready to grab and go to eat when i get to the office.
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Options
    My doctor says that I should eat a big breakfast to kick start my pancreas in the morning. I begin this on Thursday. Specific amounts of protein, good carbs, fat, diary are required.
    2 meals I have planned are:
    8 oz of greek yogurt with kashi granola and strawberries. 2 slices of low carb toast with butter or PB2
    or
    1 whole egg, 2 slices of bacon, raspberries, PB2 or butter, 2 slices of low carb toast

I'm still working on other combinations.
  • Htharp78
    Htharp78 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like oatmeal with raisins, whole wheat toast, fiber bars, or yogurt with fruit. And I've got to have my coffee!!!
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I boil up some eggs at the start of the week and pop them in fridge at work, along with some avocados and tomatoes, and I have a mixture of those things, depending on my mood, with a slice of bread and a glass of milk or juice or coffee.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I eat something different almost every day for breakfast! Here are some of the things that I usually eat:
    Eggs or egg whites with spinach (maybe add turkey bacon/sausage)
    Yogurt and fresh fruit (or either alone)
    Protein bar or shake
    Smoothie made with fresh fruit and veg
    Special K cereal with almond or rice milk
    Whole wheat waffle with peanut butter
    Oatmeal of some sort

Hope that helps!