Day 26... How did I gain??

Options
I'm 26 days into my adventure... I started at 352.2 lbs and last week weighed in at 327 and today I weighed at 331. I was so mad and disappointed. I know how foolish that sounds. But it's so true. I haven't posted on the forums yet. I've been reading everyone's stories. And know I can do this. So today I'm pressing in more and not giving up. Cause next week I don't plan to gain again.

Replies

• StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Water weight. I gain and lose about 5lbs a day, and I weigh less than you. I've been weighing myself daily for a while now & so I've learned that's just "what I do". It's kind of annoying, to be sure, but it does make me feel confident knowing that I'm NOT gaining fat.

That being said, daily weighing isn't for everyone....you have to find your own groove. But if you've truly been exercising and eating at a deficit, it's just water.....
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've been doing so well. Don't beat yourself up...it's probably just water gain.
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Would love to meet others who want to share this adventure with me. I'm 27 years old... And really wanting to be under 300lbs for my anniversary in November. Would love even more to be under 275!!
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sodium makes me weigh a lot more sometimes.
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    I was wondering if it was water weight. I may tryi g weighing every couple days. I just afraid of being glued to the scale.
  • halesss3
    halesss3 Posts: 31
    Options
    hey there ! I had the same thing happen to me! Are you doing a certain workout program or video? I'm doing insanity I started out at 180 and then into the second week I lost 6 pounds and guess what, they're back! LOL I was so frustrated I stopped using the scale! It could be that you're building up muscle! Which I know is frustrating because you're seeing that number go up, but muscle is great! The more muscle you have the more fat you will burn! Keep it up! I'm on day 30 of my adventure :)
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    I am doing between 30 to 60 minutes a day on the arc trainer. Then 20-30 on the treadmill and the 10-15 on the stair climber. Once a week I'm doing aqua aerobics too and I try to swim for 30 minutes 3-days a week. I take one day off each week to rest and just walk around our neighborhood with my husband.
  • marlo665
    marlo665 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in this for the long haul. I could use more friends. Please add me.
  • Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    What everyone else said, in my second week in I felt terrible as I had put on weight, I couldnt work it out, I had stuck to the program, I had started the 30D shred and nothing was adding up. Until I found out about water weight, it was a few days before TOM and I continued not to lose weight until it was finished, then it went back to where it was :) Since TOM I have not gained any, so I dred the coming weeks when it comes back! But I know it will come off again :)
  • halesss3
    halesss3 Posts: 31
    Options
    wow you're workouts are so inspiring!! I guarantee you that you will reach your goal! I know that your weight will naturally fluctuate daily between 1-2 pounds and may even increase or decrease in that number depending on what you've done that day. if the scale doesn't seem to be in your favor try measuring your success in a different way, like using inches !
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Start measuring on scale days! I've noticed that even if my scale numbers are inflated, my measurements are pretty consistent, give or take a half-inch if I'm bloated.

It's definitely worth the couple bucks at Walmart for the tape measure...it's a big confidence builder to see the inches come off! :)

Best of luck! Feel free to add me if you want friends! I'm on here all the time! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    normal body fluctuation is about +/- five pounds..

last week I weighed in on monday at 181 tehn wens 177.8 and then friday 176 ...so that is 5 pound fluctuation over one week..

someone mentioned water weight..sometimes your body will not "release' the extra water weight that it is retaining...some sites recommend drinking a TON of water or doing a carb re-feed day ..

As you are only 26 days in try drinking a lot of water over next few days..I am talking piss like a race horse here ...and your body should release some of it and you will lean out a little..it worked for me...
  • britt7786
    britt7786 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me, hun.

I started out at 222 on June 6th.
    I lost 11lbs and weighed in on June 24th (yesterday) weighing 213. (Gained 2 lbs)

I was immediately angry, confused, disappointed.... DISCOURAGED.

I have been keeping up with my calories and going to the gym 6x a week.

I did the same thing every day, and then BOOM, I gained 2 lbs.

I will NOT give up, though. You can't either. Let's show the scale what we can do!!

xoxo Britt
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will definitely increase my water for a few days and see if that helps. I am so grateful for the great responses.
  • MDBKTSmith
    Options
    Just keep being consistence with your eating and exercising.....like others mentioned water weight is a factor also salt intake as well as your menstrual cycle...I know i gain at least 3kg (about 6 pounds) around that time from my body holding on to water and bloating....dont stress over weighing yourself so much once a week is plenty....start taking measurements instead.
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    Yay I'm not alone :) I will not give up either. Press in harder!! Because that 4 lbs is coming off one way or another for me!!
  • bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would definitely stop doing daily weigh ins. More potential for bad than for good. You can get depressed easily with then. Once a week for an official weigh in and maybe a mid-week is pretty good. After that, just trust the idea of calorie deficit.
  • jesserunsfree
    Options
    I've been trying to change up my routine and add something every week, I have no idea what I am doing. So I am trying to push myself to I feel I will break each day then 5 minutes past that.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You may as well become comfortable with the occasional gain, you're not going to lose every single week.
  • suzyv98
    suzyv98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your body is trying to adjust to its new found movement and exercise. That's a good thing. Keep pushing the water and exercising. Don't give up. Show your body who is boss!!!!