Stay full longer, not foodwise??

Options
Instead Im looking for shakes and such..what kinds of powders or what not i can mix in and make a delicious shake that will keep me full. I guess kinda like a meal replacement. I am not looking for something to drink for all meals so dont get the wrong idea, just a snack to hold me over, one a day thing

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Casein protein powder is probably your best bet. Digests the slowest. Throw in something with fiber (fruits, veggies) and it will last you even longer.

I find that plain old meat lasts longer than anything else. A bunch of steak lasts me forever. But you wanted a shake suggestion so there you go.
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I'm looking for something similar and would like to see what people suggest!
  • gege0404
    gege0404 Posts: 17
    Options
    Casein protein powder with peanut/almond butter, oats and berries.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Liquid foods do not keep you full. Whole foods keep you full. Swap the protein powder for chicken breasts or lean beef
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I like to start with a splash of almond milk, a dolop of greek yogurt and put a scoop of protein powder in it. Then I add things like frozen berries, (strawnerry and blueberry are my favortites) banana, apple. Its different everytime according to what I have in the house. Then top off with a bunch of fresh spinach. Just blend blend blend it up. A couple ice cubes in the bottom of a tall cup and a straw and its super frothy and good. Love it!
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like to start with a splash of almond milk, a dolop of greek yogurt and put a scoop of protein powder in it. Then I add things like frozen berries, (strawnerry and blueberry are my favortites) banana, apple. Its different everytime according to what I have in the house. Then top off with a bunch of fresh spinach. Just blend blend blend it up. A couple ice cubes in the bottom of a tall cup and a straw and its super frothy and good. Love it!

That sounds amazing!!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Spirutein is a vegetarian protein shake. I blend it with milk and ice and add a little Stevia for extra sweetness. I buy the vanilla and make other flavors with it (cocoa powder for chocolate with extra Stevia, strawberries, etc.). Also, every morning I blend 3 oz. 2% yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries and Stevia. Or I add blueberries and strawberries, or jut cherries. I use frozen fruit.
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options

that does sound yummy.. so is it protein powder that helps keep you full?

And I understand actual meals are where its at but I need something a little different in my life as well....
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Spirutein is a vegetarian protein shake. I blend it with milk and ice and add a little Stevia for extra sweetness. I buy the vanilla and make other flavors with it (cocoa powder for chocolate with extra Stevia, strawberries, etc.). Also, every morning I blend 3 oz. 2% yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries and Stevia. Or I add blueberries and strawberries, or jut cherries. I use frozen fruit.

Frozen fruit is just as good for you as fresh fruit?
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Full fat Greek yogurt. Raw cocoa powder. Coconut oil. Almond butter.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well it's kind of an oxymoron because liquid nutrition is digested the fastest, so it would be tough using it to keep full. If you have the calories, add peanut butter to the shake, or make it with whole milk, or add oats since they're slow digesting
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    Avocado or coconut oil (both good for you fats)
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Options
    I pretty much find that chicken or lean meat keep me the fullest. Also my cauliflower mash really fills me up and low on calories. I don't do alot of fruit as they are high in carbs (even good carbs). Fruit is basically a morning thing.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options

Frozen fruit is just as good for you as fresh fruit?

Not when your fresh fruit is coming from halfway across the globe and/or sitting in your fridge for nearly a week... at that point, the frozen stuff is actually better.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Frozen is just as good as fresh. Also, I will take fresh fruit that is getting squishy but is still good and freeze it to use in my smoothies. The smoothie is better with frozen.