c25k Plus Sized.

Options
puckit61
puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
So for some reason this couch to 5k thing has really been calling my name. I'm not a runner, I did light jogging for a month or so before I gave up on that and just did fast paced walking for four miles every morning. My work schedule has switched up having me working crazy long hours so even my walking has dwindled. I am not athletic and am currently down to 187 lbs. For some reason I think I want to do the c25k thing. I figured it's a place to start to get me moving again and since it gives me a specific direction and goal, I can do it and be able to say I accomplished something. I downloaded the free "Simple C25k" app for android. I'm going to start next monday the 1st. Is there anyone out there that cares to join me?

Replies

• bornofthorns
    bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I am joining, as I am struggling through week 7 (good struggle). However, it is a solid plan. It will make you feel accomplished and it will get you ready to run. I am doing it at 282 lbs. So if that shows you how attainable it is, you should go for it. Think of it like this. It is 9 weeks (it will probably turn into 10-11 weeks) or moving. A nice way to spend 3 months of your life...better than spending that three months on the sofa :) Good luck!
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and actually really enjoyed it. Started it again I believe twice this year and feel like a failure. Perhaps I will join you...
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am doing it (again). Am on week 4- day 2 is tomorrow. I finished it last september then quit running. Figured I needed to get back into it.
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    I was just googling this plan! I was trying to decide between the c25k plan or the Sparkpeople 5K Your Way Rookie Running Plan. I will definitely join you though!
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i recently started it as well completed week 2 day 2 today my current weight is 209.8 and my knees jus better get used to this program! i did lose 3 lbs on week 1 of C25K i do it on the treadmill because i have a heat intolerance and loathe the summer or being outside in heat period unless im in water
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    All you guys going through it-I wish you the best of luck! YOU CAN DO IT! thanks for posting it gives me encouragement that I will be able to do it too!

Nursehuckobey- I share your loathe for summer heat but I hate the treadmill a little bit more. Hoping I can wake up early and do it or wait til night fall when it cools down ;)
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just started yesterday (treadmill version). I am over 300lbs and so far, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You can do it! :D
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    So for some reason this couch to 5k thing has really been calling my name. I'm not a runner, I did light jogging for a month or so before I gave up on that and just did fast paced walking for four miles every morning. My work schedule has switched up having me working crazy long hours so even my walking has dwindled. I am not athletic and am currently down to 187 lbs. For some reason I think I want to do the c25k thing. I figured it's a place to start to get me moving again and since it gives me a specific direction and goal, I can do it and be able to say I accomplished something. I downloaded the free "Simple C25k" app for android. I'm going to start next monday the 1st. Is there anyone out there that cares to join me?

I've got about 40 lbs and probably a lot of years on you and I finished Week 6 Day 2 yesterday. No one's ever used the word "athletic" to describe me. I'm amazed at myself for doing this and actually liking it. I say go for it There's a C25K group on here and a daily check in thread where I've gotten lots of support and advice.