Tilapia

Options
Shaavo89
Shaavo89 Posts: 68
Get some tilapia from your local store (as many pieces as you want)
Green onions (chopped)
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Salt
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350.

In a casserole dish put olive oil in the bottom, put the fish in, sprinkle green onions all over (as many or as little as you want), dash of seasoned salt and dash of garlic salt (just a little for flavor). Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

Easy and delicious!

You can substitute the seasoned salt and garlic salt for whatever seasoning you want I just think that way tastes the best! :smile:

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I'll have to try this!

I've just recently found Tilapia - a bag of individually wrapped pieces at my local Walmart. I like that it's individually wrapped since I only cook for myself.

I've been using the Land-O-Lakes Saute Express Lemon Pepper and just saute the fish. It's really quick and very tasty.
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    Ya that's what I get too from wal mart! I like lemon but not a whole lot ill try it tho!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do something similar. I take 2 frozen tilapia filets and put them in a round baking pan. I drizzle olive oil over it, add some freshly minced garlic, and then a side of frozen or fresh vegetables. I bake them in my FlavorWave oven (best gift from my husband ever!) and before eating, I add freshly squeezed lime and sea salt. Sometimes I eat the fish with Sriracha hot sauce for an added kick. I love tilapia!
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    I do something similar. I take 2 frozen tilapia filets and put them in a round baking pan. I drizzle olive oil over it, add some freshly minced garlic, and then a side of frozen or fresh vegetables. I bake them in my FlavorWave oven (best gift from my husband ever!) and before eating, I add freshly squeezed lime and sea salt. Sometimes I eat the fish with Sriracha hot sauce for an added kick. I love tilapia!

YUM!! I love it too!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is my favorite fish to eat. I like the single packs from Whole Foods. You get 2 filets for so few calories. I often grill mine up on the foreman with some fresh lemon juice and creole seasoning.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is great. I've also baked it using a spicy salsa over the top. Even pineapple salsa works - sweet and sour fish :)
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like mine baked with a few tiny flakes of margarine (use butter if you prefer) grated parmesan and garlic powder, mmm, mmm good! Or baked with Cajun Seasoning!
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i put in covered pan with some broth and put taco seasoning on top of it.. let it cook down then top with any mexican coverings you like.. kids LOVE it. no fish taste at all..

I like lil sour cream, salsa, few jalapeños and avocado mixed as my topping.
  • LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    for even a better price - Try ALDI - they have two sizes of individual wrapped $3.99 or $5.99
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    sounds good I am always looking for new Fish recipes
  • christianschell3150
    Options
    If you saw how tilapia is raised and farmed you may not be super stoked about it. There's better fish available, swai for example. Good on you for eating healthier, but you can do better than a trash fish.
  • latinstarlite1
    latinstarlite1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    To save on clean up, use sections of aluminum foil, place the tilapia on the dull side, season. Then pull the two long sides up and then fold them over flattening it almost on top of the fish (leave a little room for heat/air) and then fold the ends over so the juice does not leak out. place each individual pod in the oven on a rack or backing sheet.

When they are done, roll the fish onto a plate and throw the aluminum away.
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @tkillion810 - Foreman grill? Do they stick at all? I always wanted to try them on there...
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Options
    I broil my talapia for 6 mins in a foil lined pan with lemon pepper. Comes out moist and delish
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    What does Bump mean...
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia! I had been preparing it with dried bread crumbs and baking it in the oven. However, lately I've been preparing it differently.

I place one filet on a piece of foil and top with a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and lemon pepper/pepper (for 3 filets, I used 1-1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp olive oil). I then sprinkled a generous amount of dillweed on each filet (or use whatever herb you prefer). Seal all edges of the foil to hold in the steam, tenting the foil around the filet. Bake at 425 - 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. The steam keeps the tilapia very moist---even if it is overcooked somewhat. When preparing the tilapia with the dry bread crumbs, I was eating it wtih a bit of tartar sauce becaues it was drier. I don't even need the tartar sauce when I prepare it this way.

P.S. ---- Recipe for above can be found at skinnytaste.com
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia. I like to sauté red peppers, carrots, and what ever other veggies are handy in olive oil for a few minutes then add the fish to the pan. Cook it for about 4 min flip it cook another four and then yummy in my tummy lol. If I have a day were I know I am going to exercise or if I am more hungry I will add some rice.

I also like to make fish fajitas out of it mmmmm
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump.... means someone read an old thread and thinks it needs pulling back up to the front so others can read and add to it!! :flowerforyou: