Help!!!!! Can't find nutritional info in Starbucks sandwich!

Options
I usually never eat anything unless I am able to see the nutrition label first. Well, this afternoon I was at a Barnes and Noble with my daughter and found myself hungry & my 2 & a half daughter started yelling "eat eat!" because she saw the Starbucks cafe inside. Well I bought a Mediterranean chicken flatbread thinking it can't be that bad because it has protein (chicken) and eggplant and red peppers with feta cheese. I ate half of it, my daughter picked at the other half. Now I am stressed because I can't find accurate nutritional info anywhere! Why doesn't Starbucks have this sandwich on their website?!?! It comes up on the database as 480 calories and like 18grams of fat- but all other info is blank. I found it doing a google search on some website called ChaCha (that I never heard of) as having 366 calories, 22.7g protein, and 6.7g of fat. But still no info on carbs or sodium. Does anyone know the nutritional values of this sandwich or where I can find it? I am so stressed over it, I like to know what I ate so I can plan the rest of my meals to fit into my calorie allowance

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Some starbucks that are in a B&N are run by B&N and are not affliated with SB except for the coffee...which means that what they serve food wise will not be avilable on the nutrition info on the SB site. If possible go back to the B&N and see if they have a nutrition hand out.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Go back and look at the label :happy:
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Some starbucks that are in a B&N are run by B&N and are not affliated with SB except for the coffee...which means that what they serve food wise will not be avilable on the nutrition info on the SB site. If possible go back to the B&N and see if they have a nutrition hand out.

she's right on the money - if they don't have the handout just use panera's sandwhich equivelant as a guide (altho panera's are a tad bit more calories, better safe than sorry when you don't know)
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Sorry...thought I found something new for you but I didn't
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i found the nutritional info for the Mediterranean Chicken Flat Bread from Barnes and Noble Cafe on livestrong.com:

Serving Size: 1 Flatbread

Calories: 400
    Fat: 6g
    Carbs: 21g
    Protein: 23g

But it didnt list sodium.
    I'd say go back and look at the lable. Hope this helps!
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    I found it doing a google search on some website called ChaCha (that I never heard of) as having 366 calories, 22.7g protein, and 6.7g of fat. But still no info on carbs or sodium. Does anyone know the nutritional values of this sandwich or where I can find it? I am so stressed over it, I like to know what I ate so I can plan the rest of my meals to fit into my calorie allowance

If those figures are correct then

22.7g of protein x 4 = 90.8 calories
    6.7g fat x 9 = 60.3 calories
    366 -(90.8+60.3) = 214.9 calories from carbs
    214.9 / 4 = 53.725g of carbs

Sorry can't help with the salt as I have never been in a Starbucks
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    i found the nutritional info for the Mediterranean Chicken Flat Bread from Barnes and Noble Cafe on livestrong.com:

Serving Size: 1 Flatbread

Calories: 400
    Fat: 6g
    Carbs: 21g
    Protein: 23g

But it didnt list sodium.
    I'd say go back and look at the lable. Hope this helps!
    Fat: 6g x 9 = 54
    Carbs: 21g x4 =84
    Protein: 23g x 4 = 92

Total = 230 the mind boggles as to what the other 170 calories are made of
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You have the really important nutritional info already. Going over on sodium for one day isn't going to derail your overal weight loss, just might mean you hold on to a little water for a day or two. I would work with the info you already have, drink some extra water today and tomorrow, and not stress over it.:flowerforyou:
  • ysaidpie
    ysaidpie Posts: 83
    Options
    Thanks so much for the help! My husband is doing this "diet" with me and he ended up eating the leftover half that our daughter didn't finish. He was quite upset with me when we couldn't find any nutritional info on it, "why did you even get that sandwich?!!" was what he kept saying to me the entire ride home lol. All I can say is thank goodness I only ate half. I Usually carry healthy snacks but I had already ate them, and felt super hungry! I think my metabolism is finally speeding up because I have been eating every 2-3hrs, and if I don't have food within that time frame I am not a happy person to be around! Guess I gotta start carrying more snacks with me in the future.
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    i havent seen that one either; and I was on starbucks web site; you can email starbucks and ask them. I had starbucks for lunch as well; the chicken flat bread with hummus and veggies is pretty good under 300 cals