ptaradactyl88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Here's an easy dip I make for parties and work food days sometimes:

1 package fine shred 4 cheese Italian blend
    1 small can chopped black olives
    Olive Oil

Mix with a fork

Add salt and pepper and garlic or anything else you would like

I like it with Toasteds Crackers but have also had it on Ritz crackers and Tostitos Scoops

My vegan friends like it :) Enjoy!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I made a bean salad the other night that was quite good. I used beans I had cooked and frozen but canned beans would definitely work. I took the beans (I used navy beans but I think black beans would be better) and tossed them with corn, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, avocado and a bit of jalapeno. For the dressing I used a bit of olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, stevia (or sugar) and a splash of vinegar. Wisk that up and toss with the beans and stuff. Let sit for a bit to mingle the flavors. Enjoy.
    :blushing: Bell peppers. I forgot to mention the bell peppers.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am making my shopping list right now! :flowerforyou:
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Slice a tomato into wedges, leaving them connected at the bottom, put a healthy scoop of tuna in the center, and dress with lemon juice from one of those little plastic lemons. Have some leafy green salad on the side.

Press the remainder of the can of tuna on top of half a sandwich thin to make a "tuna patty" for breakfast the next day, drizzle hot sauce or sriracha (easy to pack in tiny containers) on top, and eat with a sliced raw orange or red pepper.

Slice an avocado and a tomato in thin rounds on a sandwich thin, top with 2-4oz of lean deli meat, have a handful or two of baby carrots with it.

Grab some pre-cut fruit (they have it in little tubs with all sorts mixed together) and some cheese portioned into 1oz servings (pre-cut cubes, sticks, whatever). Have that with a reasonable serving of good, real bread.

Start with a base of dark leafy greens, throw in some tomatoes, avocado, cut-up deli meat or tuna, and more diced fruit. Call it a tropical salad. Enjoy a little cheese or nuts with it.

Grab some pita chips, hummus, black olives, and the remainder of your baby carrots. Squeeze some lemon juice over the top of the hummus and dip 'til your dipper's busted.
  • Querian
    Options
    Slice a tomato into wedges, leaving them connected at the bottom, put a healthy scoop of tuna in the center, and dress with lemon juice from one of those little plastic lemons. Have some leafy green salad on the side.

Press the remainder of the can of tuna on top of half a sandwich thin to make a "tuna patty" for breakfast the next day, drizzle hot sauce or sriracha (easy to pack in tiny containers) on top, and eat with a sliced raw orange or red pepper.

Slice an avocado and a tomato in thin rounds on a sandwich thin, top with 2-4oz of lean deli meat, have a handful or two of baby carrots with it.

Grab some pre-cut fruit (they have it in little tubs with all sorts mixed together) and some cheese portioned into 1oz servings (pre-cut cubes, sticks, whatever). Have that with a reasonable serving of good, real bread.

Start with a base of dark leafy greens, throw in some tomatoes, avocado, cut-up deli meat or tuna, and more diced fruit. Call it a tropical salad. Enjoy a little cheese or nuts with it.

Grab some pita chips, hummus, black olives, and the remainder of your baby carrots. Squeeze some lemon juice over the top of the hummus and dip 'til your dipper's busted.
    Yum yum I like how you think avskk! These are easy and I have most of the ingredients already! :flowerforyou:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Are you in a college dorm? When I was in college there was a cookbook that used other appliances to cook in a dorm room. Grilled cheese sandwiches done with an iron (wrap in foil first). Macaroni in a coffee percolator.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
  • vaironika
    vaironika Posts: 36
    Options
    A great raw vegan recipe that i love to share are these power superfood bars/balls:

1/2 cup raw almonds
    1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
    1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
    1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
    3 tablespoons ground flax or chia seeds
    3 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
    8 soft pitted medjool dates or 1 cup of any unsweetened dried fruit ( preferably soaked for 30 min to soften)

In a food processor grind all the dry ingredients until they are fine crumbs. Add in the dried fruit and continue to process until the mixture sticks together. If it seems too dry add a tablespoon of water and keep processing. The mixture should stick when pressed together. Press the dough in a pan lined with parchment or plastic then refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 30 min until firm then slice into desired pieces. You can also just roll them into balls and refrigerate for an easy grab'n go treat. These treats are all natural with healthy fats, proteins, fiber and sugar. They give you a ton of energy! Enjoy :)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Wow, tough challenge!

Garbanzo "Tuna" Salad

Drain canned garbanzos & mash a fewjust a little & mix with mayo, minced onion, minced celery, salt & pepper. Serve on pita bread or in a lettuce leaf wrapper.

Vegan "Egg" Salad

Mash 1/3 of a block of firm tofu with a fork and add a little curry powder, onion powder & garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix with about 1/3 cup of mayo (acts like the yolk). Cut the remaining tofu into very small dice (like the hard boiled egg whites). Add some sweet pickle relish &/or capers. Stir all together gently - adjust seasoning to taste.

Use your ramen noodles like spaghetti & toss with fresh diced tomatoes, minced basil, parmesan & diced mozzarella. Just let the heat from the noodles warm up the rest. It's a nice summertime pasta dish, that's also good cold the next day. You can even add other raw veggies & Italian dressing for pasta salad. OR... veggie pasta carbonara with egg & your bacon bits, parmesan & a little lemon juice - I'm not sure the hot noodles would be enough to cook the egg, but maybe?
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    bump
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread even for those hot summer days where you just don't want to cook so bumping too :bigsmile:
  • Querian
    Options
    Are you in a college dorm? When I was in college there was a cookbook that used other appliances to cook in a dorm room. Grilled cheese sandwiches done with an iron (wrap in foil first). Macaroni in a coffee percolator.
    No dorm room but these are great ideas!
  • Querian
    Options
    A great raw vegan recipe that i love to share are these power superfood bars/balls:

1/2 cup raw almonds
    1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
    1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
    1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
    3 tablespoons ground flax or chia seeds
    3 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
    8 soft pitted medjool dates or 1 cup of any unsweetened dried fruit ( preferably soaked for 30 min to soften)

In a food processor grind all the dry ingredients until they are fine crumbs. Add in the dried fruit and continue to process until the mixture sticks together. If it seems too dry add a tablespoon of water and keep processing. The mixture should stick when pressed together. Press the dough in a pan lined with parchment or plastic then refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 30 min until firm then slice into desired pieces. You can also just roll them into balls and refrigerate for an easy grab'n go treat. These treats are all natural with healthy fats, proteins, fiber and sugar. They give you a ton of energy! Enjoy :)
    These sound amazing but I don't have a food processor right now. I'm gonna try this when I do have it back though!
  • Querian
    Options
    Wow, tough challenge!

Garbanzo "Tuna" Salad

Drain canned garbanzos & mash a fewjust a little & mix with mayo, minced onion, minced celery, salt & pepper. Serve on pita bread or in a lettuce leaf wrapper.

Vegan "Egg" Salad

Mash 1/3 of a block of firm tofu with a fork and add a little curry powder, onion powder & garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix with about 1/3 cup of mayo (acts like the yolk). Cut the remaining tofu into very small dice (like the hard boiled egg whites). Add some sweet pickle relish &/or capers. Stir all together gently - adjust seasoning to taste.

Use your ramen noodles like spaghetti & toss with fresh diced tomatoes, minced basil, parmesan & diced mozzarella. Just let the heat from the noodles warm up the rest. It's a nice summertime pasta dish, that's also good cold the next day. You can even add other raw veggies & Italian dressing for pasta salad. OR... veggie pasta carbonara with egg & your bacon bits, parmesan & a little lemon juice - I'm not sure the hot noodles would be enough to cook the egg, but maybe?
    These are good! I'm gonna try them! I've actually made the garbanzo tuna salad before and it's really good, thanks for reminding me about it!
  • Querian
    Options
    This is a great thread even for those hot summer days where you just don't want to cook so bumping too :bigsmile:
    Good point! Everyone want a no cook recipe sometimes!
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I know you said no oatmeal, but this one is comparable to peach cobbler, so it's kinda dessert-ish rather than dinner.

1 pouch Better Oats Oat Fit instant Oatmeal - Cinnamon Roll - 100 calories
    1/2 cup Kirkland sliced peaches in light syrup - 70 calories

Prepare the oatmeal as instructed, only pour the hot water directly rather than microwaving. Add peaches. It tastes just like a runny peach cobbler. I made it up at dinner tonight and it was sooooooo gooood.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Make some "noodles" from zuchinni, and cover with a jar of spaghetti sauce. It is perfectly good cold! I make the zuchinni noodles using a sprial vegetable cutter, but you could just slice them up into kind of julienned stips with a knife, or make them into flat noodles witha cheese grater.

The raw almond butter I use says it doesn't need refrigeration. Use it on breads, crackers, apple slices, or stuffed into celery.

A Thermos can be used to cook some grains, if you can get access to boiling water (perhaps the hot tea water at a fast food place?). Put the rice or whatever into the thermos, cover wtih plenty of boiling water, and let it soak over night.

Lettuce leaves can be used as a wrap stuffed with other vegetables, and perhaps some canned beans.

Make cabbage "sushi". Use nori sushi wrappers, finely grate the cabbage and use it as a filling instead of rice, then slice in any veggies you like, perhaps some carrots strips or whatever. If you get some wasabi powder, you could even mix up a little wasabi to go with it.

Get some tortillas and fill them with canned beans, vegetables and seasonings. Or maybe mash the beans up and thin them with a little water, then season, and make a burito, or fill a taco shell with a bean mixture and lettuce, tomato, etc. Or use it as the basis for a tostada.

Get a jar and make some sprouts. Fill some pita bread with the sprouts and othe veggies, and maybe some cheese or beans or whatever.
  • underarms
    underarms Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Eek! I don't have an oven, which I thought was hard enough!

I love a good salad with chickpeas. I usually use baby greens or arugula, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, red peppers, feta cheese and chickpeas. I put some apple cider vinegar, some olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon as a dressing. You could use another kind of bean if you don't like chickpeas.

Another salad I love is veggies and then goat's cheese, blackberries and walnuts. I'd use balsamic vinegar.

Do you have a blender? You can also make hummus or guacamole (although no blender needed for guac).

You can also make a no cook pizza. You can buy the base or use flatbread. Use pesto, which is also delish cold, as a sauce, and put some veggies on top. Use crumbled goat's cheese as your finish.

Another thing that is awesome and super easy is Vietnamese summer rolls. If you have an Asian supermarket near you, you can buy some rice paper there. Then you just need to julienne some veggies (maybe carrots, cucumber, some lettuce and some mint). I also fry up some tofu to put in there, but you don't need to. Or you could get some ready cooked tofu. To make the rolls you just need to soak a rice paper in warm water so that it softens and roll up the ingredients. Get a good peanut or hoisin sauce to go with it.
    Here's a recipe for it: http://feedmephoebe.com/2013/04/feeding-friends-smoked-tofu-summer-rolls/

This is another good no-cook recipe for granola bars, although I'd be careful with portion size and make a few substitutions, but you can get a good idea with this recipe: http://www.thekitchn.com/weekend-snack-diy-power-bars-144235

Hope you can get creative and find some new yummy dishes!