JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (JUNE 29 - JULY 4)

Options
Hello there fellow JCG friends. I thought I would do the post today... hope you don't mind... I saw some results and got a bit excited! :bigsmile:

When this challenge started it was for those of us who wanted to lose 30 lbs or more by July. I had originally wanted to lose 32 lbs. Unfortunately I did not reach that goal but am very staisfied by my results.

Here are my stats:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
Last week: 163.4 lbs
Today: 160.4 lbs

Total loss for the week: -3 lbs :happy:
Total loss for JGC: -21.6 lbs :smile:
Total loss for MFP: -29.6 lbs :bigsmile:

Now that July is at the end of this week who is up for a new challenge? And if so, what should we call it? I still have 20+ lbs to lose to hit my overall goal weight. :noway:

Hope everyone had a great week. Take care~ :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lovemuffins
    Options
    Hello there fellow JCG friends. I thought I would do the post today... hope you don't mind... I saw some results and got a bit excited! :bigsmile:

When this challenge started it was for those of us who wanted to lose 30 lbs or more by July. I had originally wanted to lose 32 lbs. Unfortunately I did not reach that goal but am very staisfied by my results.

Here are my stats:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last week: 163.4 lbs
    Today: 160.4 lbs

Total loss for the week: -3 lbs :happy:
    Total loss for JGC: -21.6 lbs :smile:
    Total loss for MFP: -29.6 lbs :bigsmile:

Now that July is at the end of this week who is up for a new challenge? And if so, what should we call it? I still have 20+ lbs to lose to hit my overall goal weight. :noway:

Hope everyone had a great week. Take care~ :flowerforyou:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good job.

I have hit my goal (my 2nd 240/235 ) but my body fat is still higher than i wanted. (man i had a lot more than i thought)

Start @ 268
    Start JGC @ 248
    Last week @ 236 16.9%
    This week @ 234 16.4%

Original goal is still 240lbs and 10% body fat or best shape of my life by my 40th NOV 2009?

Thanks for letting me join this challange I leave for vacation in another week and im in much better summer shape than i was a few months ago.

Good luck to the rest of you i know you all will reach your goals.
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    Tim and rookieswife-wonderful job!! You guys rock!

I didn't post last week-I was out of town and away from the internet so I couldn't keep in touch. I was actually at summer camp doing my pediatric rotation for my nursing clinical. As you can imagine, eating well was pretty difficult because I didn't have a whole lot of choice. Naturally, I gained back a couple pounds, but I'm not too stressed about it.

I weigh in on Wednesday and will post the news then.

Rookieswife-I am definitely up for another challenge! I have about 30ish pounds to take care of so I definitely need a group to keep me accountable. Let me know!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I went on another huge mountaineering trip yesterday, so I will weigh in tomorrow because my muscles are pretty sore and swollen, and I don't think I drank enough water. But the trip was good, we almost made it to the top of a 11,000 ft peak covered in snow - and it was really fun sliding back down!

I also have another personal training session on Wed. This week we are doing a fitness test and body fat %. I'm curious to see the results. Gives me something to focus on improving.

I still have about 5 lbs to hit my goal weight, but I would like to go 10 lbs lower if possible for my wedding next year. So I'm in for another challenge!

I'll post tomorrow morning.
  • lizard9800
    Options
    I am probably more sore today, but I weighed anyway. Good results. Lots of leg muscle these last few weeks. I need to concentrate on my arms, abs and thighs.

Start MFP (NOV 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 145
    Today - 143.5
    Goal - 135/140

I am going to order my wedding dress (a cute white Hawaiian sundress) this week so that I have a goal to stay thin for it all winter!
    I will try to post on Thurs with my fitness test and body fat results. Fingers crossed! Next week I am gone until Tues night, and I will be eating out all weekend :grumble: , so we'll see what happens.

We could just keep this the July Goal Challenge until the end of the month and then see how we feel...

Have a great holiday weekend everyone. Good job!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I am probably more sore today, but I weighed anyway. Good results. Lots of leg muscle these last few weeks. I need to concentrate on my arms, abs and thighs.

Start MFP (NOV 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 145
    Today - 143.5
    Goal - 135/140

I am going to order my wedding dress (a cute white Hawaiian sundress) this week so that I have a goal to stay thin for it all winter!
    I will try to post on Thurs with my fitness test and body fat results. Fingers crossed! Next week I am gone until Tues night, and I will be eating out all weekend :grumble: , so we'll see what happens.

We could just keep this the July Goal Challenge until the end of the month and then see how we feel...

Have a great holiday weekend everyone. Good job!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Awesome Job Lizard... you truely are an inspiration!!! I agree with you on keeping the JGC until the end of the month. When is your wedding going to take place? I am in a wedding on Valentine's Day so I need to stay thin for that also. Not that being in a wedding should remain my reason to stay healthy. :tongue:

Cheif~ you're amazing! You're before and after pics shock me every time I look at them. And I seem to be drawn to your page because I am just... well... amazed! Keep up the great work and keep us posted! :bigsmile:

Erin~ I hope Wednesday is a good day for you! I will be waiting to see the results. I see you are a fellow Packer Backer. YAY... for the CHEESEHEADS!!! :drinker:

I was suppose to go camping all week starting last Friday. I opted not to go until the 3rd because I know me and camping food is just so good! I don't know why it always seems to be justified to eat and drink crap when you are camping. I am also the type of person that has to eat when I am hot... and of course it isn't fruit or healthy stuff, it is chips and soda and whatever else I feel will satisfy me while I am over heating.

Well have a great week. I am sure I will check in before I head out to the campsite.

:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are all doing great! :drinker:

My scale was acting funky this morning so I'm not 100% sure what my loss for the week was. Best case, 2.2lbs. Worst case, 0.8lbs. Either way, it's still a bit of a loss! :happy:

My parents are in town this week and while they said they don't want to interfere with my going to the gym, I have to loan them my car during the day so they would have to come to work, pick me up, take me to the gym, pick me up, etc. (the gym is between work and home). So I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll just do some brisk walks around the neighborhood and some weight training?

I'm thinking I should be able to hit my final goal this fall sometime... Let's keep this challenge going until the end of the month. I have a vacation coming up in less than 2 weeks, so I was shooting to be at 165 by then... I probably won't quite make it, but it should be close! And anyway, my mom said "Wow wow WOW!" and called me skinny when I picked her up at the airport today - so that was a confidence booster!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options

Erin~ I hope Wednesday is a good day for you! I will be waiting to see the results. I see you are a fellow Packer Backer. YAY... for the CHEESEHEADS!!! :drinker:

Well, I got on the scale this morning and was up 3 pounds from my weigh in two weeks ago. I'm not totally surprised being that I was at summer camp for a week and couldn't track anything I was eating...I'm not too terribly upset about it...

Good job everyone! Keep up the awesome work....

Oh, and rookieswife....GO PACK GO!!! Heehee...where in Wisco are you?
  • lizard9800
    Options
    My personal trainer couldn't get the VoX machine to work, it was being tempermental, so we will try it again next week. She did body fat but didn't have the chart either, so those results next week too...
    We did a basic fit test and my ultimate max HR is 175. Average for my age (32) is 188, so I am in better shape than most which doesn't surprise me (not bragging though, I still have to work on it).

Happy 4th!!:drinker:

Oh, and go Broncos...:tongue: