this time will be different

Options
Hi. I'm Cheryl. 25 years old. From the UK. My current weight is 210lbs. I'm at the biggest I've ever been.

I used to go to the gym and for a while it worked. Now I'm starting from the beginning, starting with food and counting calories and watching what I eat with MyFitnessPal. I've been using the App on my Android phone, this is great because I can input food as soon as I've had it and not have to remember everything.

Determined to make a change and think tracking my progress here will help. I never had that much success before, but this time will be different.

Replies

• ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! Nutrition and exercise together is the way to go!!
  • BiancaK
    BiancaK Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl! I too use my phone to log in my meals...it really helps me with eating healthy and honest with myself because I don't want to have to log in a "candy bar" or a "piece of chocolate cake". I do well with visuals and seeing what I am eating and knowing I am in control and being held accountable seems to be working for me. I also walking 45-60 minutes every other day. Good Luck...You WILL do it!:flowerforyou:
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck! You can do it!!
  • ajax62605
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl... Good luck on your journey and Fitnesspal is a great tool to help you keep track of what you are eating.... as you start out make sure you set your guidelines and rules and stick to them and give yourself and body a few weeks to see the changes and believe me the pounds will start to fly off...

GOOD LUCK and you go girl :)
  • kendrae
    kendrae Posts: 5
    Options
    You can do it! Even if you mess up one meal, or splurge, just put it down on mfp and keep going, don't let it ruin a whole day or week! Everyone on here knows you can succeed this time :)
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!
  • drgabhert
    Options
    Hi,

I am new here and I have decided it will be different this time also . . .so far this site has really been a great help. I am a Naturopathic Physicican so you can imagine how being overweight impacts even my practice! I am now telling patients about it and connecting into the power it is giving me . . . We can do it!!
  • goddessmother
    Options
    I am doing the best I ever have losing weight this time. I think it is because I am finally taking my grandmother's advice and writing down everything I eat. I am using myfitnesspal as my calorie and food tracker too, and it is much better than the little notebook she carried around with her. You are on the correct path, a total program, watching what you eat, how much you eat, tracking that and excersizing and you will be successful!
  • nanny60
    nanny60 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love this site. I have told everybody about it. I can use it at work and at home. I love the page where you add what you ate each day. I have been taking my plate into the computer room each night and typing in what I am about to eat. I can get on at work and go right to this site and enter my daily meals. I have tried Weight Watchers on line and it costs about $10.00 a month. This site is free and is so much better. I have a lot of weight to lose. I want to become a member of the 100 Pounds club. I am only focusing on 10 pounds at a time. I have lost 7.8 so far. I really think I can do it this time with the help of My Fitness Pal.
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    I believe it will! Isn't the android app cool? That's how I found mfp via the android store.
    I've only been here for a couple of weeks but I really think this site will make the difference this time for me.
    j