Females over 50?

Options
Hi Everyone....

Over 50 with all the hormone and crazy stress issues of a full time, high pressure career. Lose weight too??
It's going to be a struggle, but trust me when I say i have a very long way to go and hoping for more energy and motivation as I go.
Looking for friends to exchange successes, challenges and encouragement along the way.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
B

Replies

• cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Go ahead and add me.
  • wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi. Please feel free to add me too
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. It isn't easy, but it can be done. Patience, perserverance & planning. Congratualtions on making the decision to change your life.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    You can add me--I'm 65! What has worked for me is just doing simple things like cutting out sugary foods (and processed food too since it also has a lot of sugar in it). My weight is gradually coming down and the most important part is that I feel GREAT! This is a first for me. In the past, when I was "dieting" to lose weight I felt awful. Now I eat pretty much everything I want to eat minus the sugary/starchy foods. I keep my carbs to 20% of calories and I swim twice a week (for cardio) and I lift weights. Easy. Simple. I lost weight faster at first than I do now. I'm only losing about 2 pounds a month now, but that's just fine as I don't want to lose very fast anyway. There are lots of problems with losing weight too fast (feeling crummy, baggy skin, loss of muscle mass which just sets you up for regain). Add me if you want to be able to see what I eat. :smile:
  • lckennedy00
    Options
    You can add me if you like
  • snoople1
    snoople1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All th best to you. I have cut out starchy carbs and sugar. What a difference it has made to my mood and level.Skyrocking!want to :)
    No more ups and downs and the cravings have almost gone too.
    You can add me if you want to :)
  • krsomma
    krsomma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    same here but doing pretty well,please do add me too:)
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Two things life has taught me, you're never too old to start something new, and the busier you are the more you can fit in. Feel free to add me, I still have a lot to lose though doing well so far.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    50 in december , feel free to add me. Doing ok but this really is something I must do for life.
  • Parsianna
    Parsianna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 on June 16th and I am believing that this is a life time affair. Add me if you would like to.
  • Jackym32
    Jackym32 Posts: 1
    Options
    Been struggling with weight issues for nearly 40 years now and overall (despite short-term losses) I've continued to gain weight, until about 5 years ago when I began to exercise regularly. It's still a struggle but I'm a little lighter than I was then and am much fitter (I'm over 50, over 16st and still manage to run - so if I can do it anyone can!). Just this week have started on my first calorie counting diet since I began exercising - I need a boost to get the weight coming off again, so yes, add me - I could do with some supportive new contacts.
  • Millypond
    Millypond Posts: 2
    Options
    Add me too - recently took early retirement from a stressy job and moved from South West to North of England and now have time to concentrate on losing weight and getting fit! This is my first week and so far things are OK, this is my first calorie controlled diet. Happy to support and be supported.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I'm way past 50 & finally getting a handle on not gaining weight,just losing slowly.As others have said,this is a lifetime commitment to myself.My healthy food plan is mainly counting calories,eating a lot of fruit/veggies & smaller portions.Haven't cut out any types of foods.Sounds boring for sure,but works for me.
    Far from being at expert,but enjoy getting to know people on the same journey & you are welcome to add me as a friend.