Temptations Central, will I make it?

Options
Woke up this morning (feeling like P Diddy) joke not really anyways got downstairs and there you have it chocolate fudge cake on the counter, left over pizza and other take out from last night which I didn't have yesterday went straight to bed could still smell it though but hey no calories in that. Doughnuts on the table, it was like a test which I guess it is and so far I haven't touched the stuff I have saved a doughnut for myself for tomorrow if I can fit it in. So pretty much sitting here with my cottage cheese and hoping I will make it through the rest of the day. I know its not my familys fault they can eat what they like and I just got to remember that just because it looks good on the plate doesn't mean it looks good on me, that quotes helped a lot I know its kind of silly but it helps me going back to the days, binge eating. Temptations really hit hard either in the mornings when I feel like I can eat the house down but somehow when I'm more slightly awake all I have is a hot drink and am full. Late night just before bed it also is most difficult I've made it through the first half of the day now being optimistic I will do this, stick to my plan and feel good about it at the end of the day.

Replies

• VivereDisce
    Options
    Sometimes not indulging a little makes it harder. If you really want that sliver of cake, have it. Just watch the portions. The more I deny myself something I want. the worse I binge on it down the road. If I behave and have just a little bit of something, it satisfies my craving and I can move on without dwelling on it. If you have problems stopping yourself after you have a little, try cutting a sliver, pack up the rest of the cake, and put it away. Eat your sliver, drink a big glass of ice water, and brush your teeth.
  • soundjunkie
    soundjunkie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have been on a medically supervised weight loss regimine for 12 weeks eating meal replacement shakes and one low calorie meal. I haven't had pizza in forever it seems and no McDonalds stops for breakfasts. I've lost weight but I still have cravings. Today I stopped and had a small breakfast biscuit, got back to the office plugged in the data base and found out it was a whopping 460 calories! So, I ate half threw out the other half. I'm satisfied! If the craving doesn't pass, it's ok to give in.
    Just watch those calories!
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for your replies it helps to know we're all in the same boat.