What's your fave place to clothes shop?

Options
What's your fave place to buy clothes as a plus size? And where is the one place u can't wait to shop once u lose your weight?

My favorite place to shop for clothes is Lane Bryant and Fashion to Figure.. There clothes r hip and inexpensive.

I can't wait to shop in Macys Misses.

Replies

• cathleen4h
    cathleen4h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love to shop at Lane Bryant. I am only 25 and their clothes dont look old lady. Their under garments are awesome too! I am ready to shop at Dillards and Maurices in the smaller section. I am ready to buy a little black dress.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i love annie sez. can't afford the ann taylor loft, but love their clothes and style, and jcpenney (they do tall and is probably my favorite). i also pick up things from the 2nd hand shop.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    We don't have a lot of options in OK, it's either Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug. I quit shopping online becuase nothing ever fit right, I have to try everything on. I just gave away a whole bunch of clothes that still had tags on them that I had probably ordered online.

I can't wait to shop anywhere else. I want to be able to walk in the mall and be able to find clothes in any store I go in.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    umm Well I dont clothes shop for myself lol I never really have so right now I need to replace all the clothes ive been wearing (my husbands t shirts and jeans from walmart) and Im at a loss on where to shop that isnt expensive. Im so usd to kids clothes shopping that Im looking for the kinda deals i get with the kids clothes. hmm maybe the outlet mall would be a better place to look lol I have an issue with buying for myself. I feel so guilty because even if the kids dont need anything I feel likethat 20 bucks could have been spent on something for them. i did find some great deals and finds at sams club the other weekend.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    Marshalls & TJ Maxx

LOVE those stores
  • Rashonne76
    Options
    My favorite place to shop is Denim Library Oh wait thats my spot.. (smile)

I Like to Shop @ True Religion as well as anywhere my wife goes...:heart::smile:
  • Shaqueta
    Shaqueta Posts: 75
    Options
    I love Filene's Basement, TJ max, Burlington coat factory, and I'm a resale/thrift store queen. Since i've picked up the weight I won't spend over 20 on one item at stores. The 2nd hand stores have a good selection at great prices (especially 1/2 off day). I'm a bargin shopper, coupon clipper, and sales paper reader.

However I can't resist the one day sales at Macy's. with the coupon from the paper, your macy's card and if you get there when they first open its a true shopaholic rush. The savings are wonderful!!!!

If you've never browsed macy's accessories do it at a one day sale they have absolutely great prices

Yes I have a shopping problem but I am learning to harness it
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    Options
    My favorite place to shop is Denim Library Oh wait thats my spot.. (smile)

I Like to Shop @ True Religion as well as anywhere my wife goes...:heart::smile:

This is very true.
  • KnightOwl
    Options
    I love love Maurice's! I can't wait to be able to actually wear their cute clothes that they only have in normal sizes. A bit expensive, but I love the style. At my size now, I love Lane Bryant jeans. Nothing fits quite like them :)
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I love love Maurice's! I can't wait to be able to actually wear their cute clothes that they only have in normal sizes. A bit expensive, but I love the style. At my size now, I love Lane Bryant jeans. Nothing fits quite like them :)

I do own a pair of right fit jeans that i totally love. that is the only thing I spend money on. I've brought a new pair every time I went down a size. started in a 4 now I'm n a 2. I love the size system
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some 'Dots' - not sure if it is out of St. Louis
    They have sizes 14-32.
    http://www.dots.com/
    Always great coupons too.
  • sistasan
    Options
    I shop at Catos and Ross but Ashley Stewart is my absolute favorite! lane Bryant is ok too.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and Target have nice plus size it's only online I think but they fit great!
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Consignment shops and our Capital city's Good Will store because at least half the clothes still have the tags on them, and the prices are affordable. I picked up a nice top at lane bryant a few weeks ago, but the store up here doesn't have a wide selection.
  • missqiqi
    Options
    I love Old Navy and Lane Bryant. Avenue is ok. I cant wait to shop @ NY and Co. or maybe even buy some sex Leng-a-ree from Victoria secret. LOL!!! One day it'll all come to pass.:wink:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    For plus size, I like Dots, Old Navy and Torrid. I find it interesting the comments about Lane Bryant becuase I have always considered them catering to an older crowd (not my style I guess) and being expensive.
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fashion Bug and Cato for business wear and Old Navy for casual. My favorite store was Goody's :( because they had a junior plus section and the clothes seemed to fit me good. I hear that some of the Goodys are starting to reopen. :love:
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I online shop more than anything. cause old navy's plus size department is online, I wear a size 11 shoe and I love Jessica London who has wide calf boots. Newport news, Romans, OMG there are so many options online cause they have the sizes
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    For plus size, I like Dots, Old Navy and Torrid. I find it interesting the comments about Lane Bryant becuase I have always considered them catering to an older crowd (not my style I guess) and being expensive.
    The one in the mall an hour away from here has some really good sales I got my top for 12.99
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm not technically plus-sized but I'm about a Size 14 UK (about a 10US.

I absolutely LOVE to shop though. My favourites in the UK are:
    - Reiss
    - Topshop (I have never left Topshop without buying something)
    - Bravissimo (for bras)
    - Armstrong's (it's a vintage shop in Edinburgh which ahs the most amazing stuff! Expensive tho)
    - Harvey Nicks (our HN is pretty small in comparison to the one in London, but I can usually pick up a few pieces - usually labels like Sonia Rykiel
    and Chloe or Stella McCartney for trousers. Seems no matter what size I am, Chloe trousers fit me perfectly)

When I'm in Canada, I mostly shop at Holt renfrew downtown for more designer stuff, and Mendocino for trendy pieces. There's a new Mendocino that opened across the street from where my parents stay, so I went a big nuts last time I was over there. And I love the shops around Queen Street West though I'm sad Noisy Girls has shut.