I need help to lose 100 +

Options
I so desperately want to not be fat anymore but I am so unmotivated. I feel like I don't have anywhere or anyone to turn to. I am a stay at home mother and I don't have access to a vehicle, babysitters, or a gym membership. I've taken drastic measure to lose weight in the past only to have it blow up in my face. My family is the last group of people I want in my corner. They laugh when I try on clothes, or make snide remarks about my weight. Without accountability, there's not much room for success. I'm so disappointed with how I've let myself go that I don't even like going out in public. I need to take time for myself and do this and I need a lot of help. If I promise to log in everyday and be honest, will you help me?

Replies

• tiggys
    tiggys Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi i have will be adding you. I need to lose 100+ too. I was sat here feeling sorry for myself and I have all the opportunities I need a great family and I even have help at the gym for free but cant get my sorry *kitten* off the couch or out of the fridge. I lost 6 stone 3 years ago and I have put it on and a little more. Gutted is not the word but I have one to blame but myself. I have to do this or I have only got a few years left. So I will work with you if you would like maybe a buddy is what we need!
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi me too - I have been on the site for a while and even have a 100+ support group if you would like an invite.
  • MandyMcAllen
    Options
    2Trips, it's ok, most of us have been in that stage, whether we have 20lbs to lose, or 100. The most important thing is that you WANT help and WANT to change. You don't need a gym membership or a babysitter to lose weight. There are plenty of things you can do at home to change your lifestyle. We can help and support each other through our journey. If your family doesn't want to support you, we will be your family (your MFP family), and we will support and motivate you each and every day. I sent you a friend request, you can talk to me anytime.
  • big2sma11
    big2sma11 Posts: 10
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have over 100lb to loose. I only started last week so we could do this together. I know how hard it is to find time to exercise when you have a young family and it is definately not helpful for you family to be like that. I've been on different sites for handy ideas to fit exercise in. just 10 mins her 5 mins there it all adds up. Most importantly track everything it helps you to think before it goes in your mouth. Try at some point during the day to think about what to have for the next day (I find that easier than trying to sit down and plan a week). I also posted on the community site for healthy snack ideas and people here were really helpful. I made my own trail mix, stocked up on oakcakes and even the kiddies are enjoying the healthy snacks. One thing I have done this time which I've never done before is we through out all the sweets in the house (actually believe it or not it was the kids idea to do this).

good luck hun xx
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step! You're already looking at what you are eating and making changes in your life!! that's awesome within itself. And everyone on MFP has been there in some shape or form so you've entered a great community. Please feel free to add me. I've lost a total of 70 pounds since I had my 3rd baby. 32 of it has been since March so that's the goal I'm working on. I enjoy offering support and encouragement and have a group on here to help too. here's the link if you're interested. Good luck on your goals! You will do great.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14846-it-s-fit-possible
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I really need to stop reading the forums. Your post caused tears in my eyes.

Just saying,losing weight is hard,really hard....it's a job losing 20,50 or 150 pds.None of it is easy! You don't need family to pat you on the back,we will do that for you.MFP people are also pretty good at telling it like it is....There aren't many losers that haven't lost,gained & lost again.
    I'm a Grma with lots of health problems,but you know what? Doesn't matter,the weight is starting to come off. I don't cut out food groups,but I do cut back,eating what is called normal portions most of the time.You don't need special food,just get away from the table after eating normal size portions.
    Exercise is good,but maybe just concentrate on your food intake for now,then when the kids start pre school,you could do some walking.

Nothing anyone says will help till you make up your mind.That is where all of us have to start from.Good luck.
  • daveh25
    daveh25 Posts: 1
    Options
    For motivation and ideas, try looking at www.reddit.com/r/keto, www.reddit.com/r/loseit, and www.reddit.com/r/nakedprogress. I found that it's real people posting what they do. These websites have people talking about their progress and many times they take before/after pictures of themselves to show their progress. Warning, some pics will have men and women in their underwear or naked to show their progress. I've seen people on there who have lost anywhere from 20 lbs to over 200 lbs or are in the middle of their journey. You will also find people talking about their obstacles, advise they have for others, how they did it and more importantly intelligent conversations about losing weight and what may be right for you. Good luck.
  • 2vayla
    2vayla Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I only have 30 lbs to lose, but I believe everyone benefits from support so glad you signed up for MFP! Good Luck to you on your journey. I added you as a friend if you want support!
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    u can add me Im a stay at home mom with 2 kids no car and no gym. My husband is thin and very tall so i get no help from him. My mom passed away a year ago so i have my dad and brothers. But they don't help much. I have found it hard lately to workout or eat right. I'm always looking for new friends.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You said:
    I so desperately want to not be fat anymore but I am so unmotivated. I feel like I don't have anywhere or anyone to turn to. I am a stay at home mother and I don't have access to a vehicle, babysitters, or a gym membership. I've taken drastic measure to lose weight in the past only to have it blow up in my face. My family is the last group of people I want in my corner. They laugh when I try on clothes, or make snide remarks about my weight. Without accountability, there's not much room for success. I'm so disappointed with how I've let myself go that I don't even like going out in public. I need to take time for myself and do this and I need a lot of help. If I promise to log in everyday and be honest, will you help me?

My answer:
    You don't need any of those. You only need to get a cal goal and then count your calories. The calories of whatever food happens to be in the house. Or wherever you happen to be taken to eat. I'd be surprised if you didn't find any food you come across on MFP but even if you didn't you could guesstimate by 1) finding a similar food OR 2) if you know what ingredients went into making it.

I lost 51 lbs through diet alone in the past, so I know it can be done without, a car, a gym membership , or babysitter to workout.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It can be done, there are countless people on this site who have lost well over 100 pounds. You just need to take it one day at a time. Whether you think you can lose weight or not, you're right either way, you decide. Losing weight is primarily about what you eat, much less about exercise. Exercise makes you fit, not skinny. Look up "In place of a road map" and develop your plan, you don't need to starve. Count your calories truthfully and accurately and watch the pounds fall off. Whether or not you succeed is entirely up to you. I also am a stay at home mom, I have 4 kids under 7 and I have never stepped foot in a gym, I've lost 45 pounds since starting MFP and am down 75 from my highest weight. If you make up your mind to succeed nothing can stop you. Get out and go for a walk, take the kids to the park, get up early and walk before your husband goes to work or after he comes home. Exercise IS very beneficial for elevating your mood and you sound quite depressed. Read the success stories on here and let them help motivate you. You can do this! Best of luck to you!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Now stop the drastic measures, those usually fail. What works is making small changes in your diet and activity level, when you've made those changes and they've become a habit for you, add some more small changes. Remembering that this is a lifestyle not a diet. You don't need a gym membership, I've lost over 60 lbs without one, and continue to lose.

First step track everything you eat, as honestly and accurately as you can. When I did this in my first week I realized I was drinking over 700 calories a day, so that was my first step in correcting my nutrition. Then begin with some walking or other exercise, find something you enjoy. For me it's my bike I absolutely love it.

Schedule time that you exercise, make it a habit just like getting up taking a shower and brushing your teeth.

You can do this, just remember it's one choice at a time.

Have a wonderful day and best wishes for you!
    Jen
  • ShrimpMe
    ShrimpMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be added I've been there, still are. Started and quit before I met my goals so many times in the past but I'm ready to see this to the end and I just started yesterday. Don't get overwhelmed by where you want be, we'll get there together with small changes and support. Yep we'll mess up along the way but we can knock that weight off in a year at a healthy pace since that would be a couple of lbs a week. Okay here's my pledge and I'd love some others to support, motivate, cry and laugh with me along the way:, I'm going to be accountable, plan my 5 - 6 meals (200-300 cals each)per day, exercise, log food and exercise daily and weigh in every Friday. I figure if I'm gonna cheat, it'll be on the weekend so I've got an opportunity to make it up and then some throughout the week. I need someone to tell me when I'm being good and someone to call me out when I can do better. I love water, the sea, the beach, boating and everything that has to do with looking and being fit not to mention my age says I've got to get fit just to be. Will you help me? Thanks!
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Glad to see you are here and that is a great step. Add me, God knows I also need the support. I am a Stay at home mom too and I know exactly what you mean. This journey has not been easy. I love the support here.

We can do this!
  • louwho777
    louwho777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I understand. You can do this. I've been a yo-yo dieter for the last 20 years, and I couldn't take it anymore just looking at myself. Educate yourself. Read everything you can about health and diet. What turned the tide for me was a book called "Wheat Belly". I've lost 10 lbs this month - no exercise, just changes in my diet. Best of luck to you!!!!! Louis
  • CGBUN
    CGBUN Posts: 8
    Options
    Absolutely. You can do this, one day at a time. Track everything, that helped me tons. And if you're over one day don't let it get to you; slow and steady does it. I set the bar really low; committed to 1/2 hour of exercise a week and losing 1/2 pound a week; that gave me wiggle room. You don't need a gym, walking is great. Especially with kids, you're busy and have a lot going on; if you commit to minimium exercise it's easy to get that in and extra; once I got started I found I did more exercise than I had committed to most weeks (but not all! : )). We're here for you. I snack on veggies a lot, and it helps if I make a bucket of precut veggies for the week; that way they're there and ready to go. and change up snacks; carrots get old fast! but watermelon is in now and a great snack.
  • Laneybug081012
    Options
    welcome to MFP!!! I too have an intimidating amount of weight to lose but every day is a step in the right direction and you CAN do this! You do not need a fancy gym or anything like that you can absolutely work out at home! Don't let rude people get you down! I will be adding you...I am still trying myself to get things right and hold myself accountable its a learning process and eventually we will get it! I try to always comment on my friends pages with positive comments and such so I'd love to help motivate you! Good luck with all of your goals! I know you can do it!
  • dcoutee
    dcoutee Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been there too matter of fact I need to loose well over 100 pounds.I could use some friends.I would love to support you & could use some myself.My support group is my sister who stays in great shape. She uses this program. Good luck & your already doing the hardest part. ( Getting Started)
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! I have 6 children. One was a newborn when I started. All I did the first 6 months was watch what i ate and walked. A lot.

Take a week to get used to the site, your goals, log EVERYTHING you eat or drink. Then see where you are and what you need to change to meet your goals. If you have any questions feel free to send a message. I will help if I can.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! First of all, I think you are totally beautiful... seriously. You just can't see your loveliness because you are feeling discouraged. There are so many encouraging people here, so you've come to the right place. my suggestions for you:

1. Log every day, everything you eat. It doesn't have to be "diet" food... just set a goal and try to hit it every day.
    2. If you have a bad day, push your "reset" button and start over... no self-punishment necessary!
    3. Try to just move more. In the house you can walk around while the kids play, or walk around the yard. Pace throughout the day instead of sitting. If you have stairs, this is perfect! Go up and down repeatedly. Find a low step and just step up and down while watching tv. Walk in place, or Dance! Dance with the kids... they love it. Don't load up your arms when tidying up... pick up one thing, put it away, come back for another thing. Don't sit much... find a reason to be on your feet.
    4. Pre-log if possible. If I am planning the meals, I can log it first thing in the morning, including snacks. Less chance of falling of the wagon or standing in front of an open fridge wondering what to eat.
    5. Log for a few days of your normal eating, then you can cut from there... that way you won't try to start too low. Lots of folks here know how to help, but it will help if you can tell them how many calories you typically eat in a day.
    6. Bodyweight exercises will do great things for you. Again we can help, or just google bodyweight workout and pick a few things you like to start with. Do these a few times a week.
    7. Go to the mirror and look at yourself until you find one thing you like about yourself and then say it out loud. Maybe you have nice legs or lovely hands...you chose. In a couple of days do it again. You need to hear this often. You will find encouragement here, but learn to encourage yourself also. It's easy for us to say only negative things to ourselves, so learn to catch yourself and say something positive instead.
    8. Check out the success stories. These people are fantastic!
    9. Try not to be discouraged by people around you. Maybe don't even tell them, until they notice, anyway.
    10. Don't give up. When it seems hard, don't give up. When the weightloss is slow, don't give up. When people tell you not to bother, don't give up. This is for you, and you deserve it... Do not give up. You can do this.