Post Knee Surgery Beginning Workout

Options
Hey everyone,

I am just starting to move from my 2nd knee surgery. I got a lateral release done, basically, the doc cut a ligament that was holding my kneecap in the wrong place. He also cleaned up a little from my last surgery.

I am starting from the beginning. This is extremely hard for me, as I was a competitive athlete for years and competed nationally. However, the idea that I could no longer be in pain, is really unfathomable to me (I've been in pain for 13 years now- over half my life). I am looking for others who got knee surgery (or any surgery) and the workouts you did to start yourself off. I've looked on pinterest and tumblr, but I can't do jumping jacks or squats yet (mini squats are part of my PT) so I've been focused on abs and arms (which a LOT of abs I can't do either if they involve legs)

End goal is to lose 40 pounds and complete a triathlon.

Any help and support is greatly appreciated. :-) Feel free to add me as well.

Thanks!

Pamela

Replies

• Reytor
    Reytor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Pamela,

I don't know how much help I will be but I had ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair surgery 7 weeks ago. I'm still walking with one crutch so I can't do to many exercises besides using resistance bands while lying down. I'm hoping to add more exercises soon since I think I'm ready walk without crutches. I would be happy to share as I move along. Feel free to add me.

Victor
  • iain_71
    iain_71 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I injured my right knee a few years ago, anyway after two knee ops (meniscus, ACL) I struggled to get fit and put quite a bit of weight on. So here I am determined to loose the weight and get fit(ish), I want to play the sports I used to though doubt if I could ever do a triathlon (nothing to do with the weight or my knees though).

I've lost 9.1 kg or 20 lbs since the start of May using MFP getting there but certainly finding it more difficult to keep going.

Feel free to add me too.

Iain